Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.7 Hobby cat Atlanta  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Well, that sucks that you had an appointment to look at the boat and he sold it. I had a similar situation happen to me when I was searching for a Hobie 16. I went to look at one in Florida while I was in the area for a wedding, met the owner, looked at the boat, wanted to buy it but was not in a tow vehicle and didn't want to put any money on it without being able to tow it home. The owner and I had a "gentleman's agreement" that I would return the following weekend with cash and I'd have my boat. Well, I checked with him daily and by the middle of the week I texted him to let him know that I had everything in place to pick up the boat that weekend as we had discussed only to receive a message from him that he had just sold the boat! Wow, and I thought we had an agreement.
    I was very disappointed at the time but, that very day I found my H16 not too far from where that one was and it is a much nicer boat that came with a lot of extras that the other one did not have so, it all worked out better for me.
    Keep looking, you will find a beachcat soon I am sure. Good luck with your search.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • I guess things work out for the best. I appreciate your concern Marty. Thank you.EC

--
    Tom Bainbridge, Ga. Hobie16, prindle 18.2
    --
  • Can someone tell me about a boat on Craigslist for sale. It is a so called Hobie tigercat but looks oddhas a tramp in the front with an extra cross bar near the bow. It has hull sort of designed like a Hobie 18 with the lip on top. It has only a mainsail no jib. He says its an 18 or 5 meter which in my calculation would be around a sixteen. This is a very unusual style boat. It will be under catamarans in Columbus Georgia on Craigslist. New post asking around 1200. With trailer.

--
    --
  • QuoteColumbus Georgia on Craigslist

Looks like a G-Cat 5.0, they are good boats.

The seller doesn't seem to know anything about it. He probably measured it including the rudders and the 5.0 may be on a plate or paperwork. It could be a G-Cat 5.7 but less likely since no jib.

If it's complete it would be worth looking at.

Here is some G-Cat info if you aren't familiar.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures?g2_itemId=80914

The creator/builder of these boats still regularly sails and races them at 76 years old.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Thank you Damon for the information and taking time to help me. So that's a g cat. I do like the double tramp. My son and I are around 400 pounds total. We will probably need at least an 18. I really appreciate this forum. Super nice folks!

--
    --
  • Yep, looks like a G Cat. The brochure shows the 5.0 having a jib though. icon_confused

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • I agree with the Gcat assessment. I'm surprised the owner doesn't know more about it considering he says he replaced the tramps. Seems like you'd need to know make and model to do that.
  • I emailed the owner and ask him to measure the hull without the rudder and he said he would get back to me later today. I examined the photo and noticed what seemed to be a boom. From what I am reading about gcats the 5.7 is boomless. The 5.0 has a boom. The owner is also a boat dealer and said he has never sailed this boat. Gosh I am so happy to be a part of this community and I enjoy reading all of the forums from people that know their stuff. I am amazed that right off the bat y'all knew it was a gcat. I owned a Hobie 16 in 1971 the sail number was something like 2642 or well I forget maybe another number. I sail this boat until 1984 in p.c.fl.I lost it in a huge wave launching about 200 ft from the shore during red flag day. It was broken in half and about did not get out I was entangled in the wires and tarp. I had to exit my life jacket and was under the water for about 45 sec. I have not sailed since but now I am ready to get back on that horse. I will be more careful .

--
    --
  • Here is another that I believe is a 5.0 and has the jib, a few less dollars and I think it says it has beach wheels which is huge

https://panamacity.craigslist.org/boa/6007746844.html

I own a 5.7 and love it.
  • Hi,The Columbus Ga Craigslist on the gcat has been revised. It is a 5.0 there is a sticker on the hull. If it was an 18. Or 5.7 I would have been interested. Thanks for all the help.Jalex that is a nice 5.0 in PC.

--
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.