Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Running a dyneema line through dolphin striker eyelet  Bottom

• Sailing a Whisper cat, I need to run a dyneema line that gives strength to the spinnaker pole through the eyelets of two dolphin strikers,

These dolphin strikers are wing-shaped (elongated, length-wise), about two inches long. The piece is carbon fiber, but the eyelet is in a plastic part... the hole is way too narrow for the line, and the line needs to go through around 2 inches.

I've tried very wide masking tape, pushing, pulling, screaming... icon_smile what's your best trick?
  • Anyway to "marry" the line to a wire, like using an electric snake?

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • Picture? I'm lost with your description.

Taper the line then tape it so you have a point that progresses to the full diameter?

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Gotta have photos to understand this one.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • snaking a wire w a hook is your friend
  • Could also use air pressure if you have it, to blow the line through and/or use the shop vac to pull it through. This is how electricians get their lead through long conduits.

--
    dg
    NACRA 5.2 #400
    This End Up
    Original owner since 1975
    --
  • Quotethe hole is way too narrow for the line, and the line needs to go through around 2 inches.

If the hole is to narrow for the line perhaps a thinner line or a larger hole is in order.What are the diameters of the line and holes?
    If it's just a tight fit situation, the suggestion of tapering the line and using a length of bailing wire inserted into the line is how I would do it. Bend a small hook into the end of the wire and push the wire into the line. Some soap as a pulling lubricant might also help. Good luck, GH

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.