Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Wave disassembly  Bottom

• How much force is needed to get the hulls off the cross bars? These may never have been apart and seen plenty of salt and sand. Pulling by hand didn't budge them. Figured I would check k in here before using the rubber mallet. Where to tap and lubrication suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • i helped pull apart a bravo
    it required a good amount of force... i can't recall if we used a mallet but we had 2 strong guys working on it
  • The boat is held together with the trampoline lacing. Mine just pulls apart when the tramp is removed. The only thing holding up the pull apart is the skeg dragging on the grass.

If you do this by yourself you have to go bit by bit, front, back, front, back, ... you get the idea. If you don't pull the hulls apart straight the crossmember will jam in the tubes in the hull.

But mine hasn't been sitting for several years getting sand and birds nests in the joint when I pull mine apart.

Good luck

Charles hammer
  • QuoteBut mine hasn't been sitting for several years getting sand and birds nests in the joint when I pull mine apart.

and tree and plant pollen, wind blown dust and organic material...
    it's always a science experiment when i remove a beam from a hull
  • Debris royally messes up slip fits in every machine I have worked on. This ought to be interesting.

BTW good avitars. Mine is sort of dull by comparison.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • ctcatamanWhere to tap and lubrication suggestions appreciated.

Tap as close to the crossbar as possible.
    Spray lithium lube in the cracks and gently bang on the crossbar to encourage it in further.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Got it apart. Tramp rope doesn't want to fit through slot in end cap. No biggie. Will probably drill rivets out to release cap. Thanks.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • Maybe try the other side? One of my end caps came broken and I repaired it with epoxy filling in the slot. Now the trampoline bolt rope has to slide out the other side.

Lubricant. Everything is easier with lots of lubricant.

Well done on getting the boat apart.

Charles

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.