Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sail VIDEO from Dauphin Island Alabama, Nacra, hobie 16, Acat  Bottom

• This is my video from our week in Dauphin Island Alabama last October, let me know what you guys think.
    thanks for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4BT8EXKm0o

--
    1988 Nacra 5.2
    YouTube link to see boat in action:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLddinE6IorSrPpZrlvcwAjRzSIQsKYPG1
    --
  • Excellent cuts. Interesting points of view, lots of actions and even dolphins in the water. Looks like some pretty good pitch-pole stuff. What was used for the close aerial shots?

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • Really cool video!!!! I saw in the comments of the video that Bradley Davis gave a shout out. Good stuff!!!!

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Cool video.

Love the black boat color scheme. May I ask how you got the black paint to stick on the crossbars, mast, etc?

Jonathan
  • QuoteWhat was used for the close aerial shots?

This was a custom mount on a rotating pole on top of the mast. pole was about 6ft long, and its balanced by a counter weight to keep the gopro level on the other side. its quiet a interesting looking rig but the shots were worth it. I would not use this with any significant wind, I was nervous most the time lol. (this rig is often used for selfie shots of skaters or skiers) that's where I got the idea.

Quote I saw in the comments of the video that Bradley Davis gave a shout out. Good stuff!!!!

Do you know him? I'm pretty good friends with him, known him for about 20 years, I have a few appearances in a video or 2, but with his boats. He taught me how to sail and got me into the sport. He does amazing work on his video's.

QuoteMay I ask how you got the black paint to stick on the crossbars, mast, etc?

I was fortunate to have bought the boat completely restored, so I did not do the work myself. I know the owner as well, and he said it was powder coated. holds up really well, but is showing a little bit of wear back by the main sheet block hitting the cross bar at times.

thanks for watching and your feedback.

--
    1988 Nacra 5.2
    --
  • No, I do not know him but I have been a fan of his videos. I would love to meet him one day and have a sail. I really like the video he made in Fort Walton Beach. I grew up and learned to sail in that area and in Choctawhattchee bay!

Also, I am familiar with Dauphin Island and it always amazes me at how some of the houses are right there at the edge of the Gulf!!!

Edited by martyr on Jan 19, 2017 - 03:04 AM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • QuoteI really like the video he made in Fort Walton Beach. I grew up and learned to sail in that area and in Choctawhattchee bay!

yeah, man, I love that video also, he used a canon 70D with a slider for the pan shots of the boat on shore. Stay tuned for some drone footage, he has been playing around with a drone so hope to see some footage this spring, as well as my footage also.

--
    1988 Nacra 5.2
    --
  • very nice! Y'all should come to Ocean Springs, lots of beach, cats, cool peeps good sailing and beach runs to burger joints, etc...
  • robpattvery nice! Y'all should come to Ocean Springs, lots of beach, cats, cool peeps good sailing and beach runs to burger joints, etc...

thanks man, maybe some day we'll head down there. I think by friend Brad (video Martyr) was talking about sailed down there in his H16. What an awesome spot you have, and looks like you all have a good time, I think I saw a video from here with a drone or something.

Edited by csmonte on Feb 09, 2017 - 01:15 PM.

--
    1988 Nacra 5.2
    --

• Edited by bmdumr on Feb 10, 2017 - 06:07 PM.
  • martyrNo, I do not know him but I have been a fan of his videos. I would love to meet him one day and have a sail. I really like the video he made in Fort Walton Beach. I grew up and learned to sail in that area and in Choctawhattchee bay!

Also, I am familiar with Dauphin Island and it always amazes me at how some of the houses are right there at the edge of the Gulf!!!Edited by martyr on Jan 19, 2017 - 03:04 AM.

Thanks for the shout out Marty. Lets sail some time... message me if you want to come up to Lake Guntersville, or meet at the Gulf for sailing.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.