Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Useppa island  Bottom

• Will be doing a sail out to Cayo Costa sometime this spring. I usually camp but thought I'd treat the girl friend to a night at the Collier Inn on Useppa island. Anyone taken there cat there? I'm guessing all private waterfront with no where to beach a cat. I will be calling the inn as well which I am sure will respond with all boats must be kept at the marina. I'd settle for a mooring in knee deep water, otherwise, maybe do my own anchoring system. Done it before but never overnight
  • If you are staying, you may be able to use a dock.

I prefer the fish shacks just to the south
  • Never thought a dock was a very good choice for a beach cat. I guess some disagree
  • Sounds like a fun trip. We are sailing out to Cayo Costa in march, leaving from Placida. Where are u sailing from?

--
    2016 Hobie Getaway
    1978 Nacra 5.2
    1978 Hobie 16 (back in the day)
    --
  • Had a nice trip last year leaving from the Sanibel causeway. If we choose to incorporate Useppa I may just leave from Pineland. Not as much sailing but will maximize time at Cayo Costa and Useppa. Is there a good spot to launch in Placida?
  • jalexHad a nice trip last year leaving from the Sanibel causeway. If we choose to incorporate Useppa I may just leave from Pineland. Not as much sailing but will maximize time at Cayo Costa and Useppa. Is there a good spot to launch in Placida?

There is a city boat ramp with overnite parking for a fee. Get the annual pass, its cheaper. We have a Getaway with a motor mount as there is a short narrow area u may have to paddle or motor out. Its about 13 miles south to the beach just outside the camping area on the gulf side of Cayo.

--
    2016 Hobie Getaway
    1978 Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Well now you have me off topic, my apologies

I have a motor mount on my Gcat 5.7 which I have never used. The 5.7 and the Getaway weigh about the same, curious what kind of motor you use? Gas or Electric? I am guessing electric. What hp or thrust? Will it push you in a head wind? Will it get you home if the wind dies? What type of speed, 5knots? This may be the trip I try it out

Thanks,

Maybe I'll see you out there sometime
  • I use a 2.5 hp gas outboard. I haven't measured it with gps but it moves the Getaway pretty well,I would guess at about 8 to 10 knots. Have used it to get bbaco. Holds 1 gallon i think. Last about an hour at close to full throttle.

--
    2016 Hobie Getaway
    1978 Nacra 5.2
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.