Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Aquata USA Out of Business?  Bottom

• Can anyone confirm that this company out of business? http://www.aquatausa.com/harness.htm

I assume so since the last catalog PDF is dated 2010 but thought I'd check 'cause I'd sure like to get a replacement Worrell XT.
  • They have a lot of dealers listed with phone numbers, call one near you and report back what you find.

http://www.aquatausa.com/dealers.htm

And welcome to TheBeachcats.com, just noticed this was your first post.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Pretty sure I saw a few Aquata harnesses hanging in the Tackle Shack here locally. It could have just been old stock they were selling off though.
  • Andy,
    In 20 years, they've come up with much better harness technology than the Worrell XT. Speaking from experience, I've done at least 4 T500's, and one GT300 since I wore out my XT and threw it away. Since then I've used the Zhik harness (full disclosure - I am affiliated with Zhik), but trust me when you spend 6-10 hours on the trap wire, I'd wear a Victoria's Secret harness if that was what was most comfortable. Long gone are the days of duct taping foam padding to my hips and crotch area to survive a 100 mile leg. The Zhik harness, straight out of the box fits me better than anything else I've ever used. That being said, some bodies don't fit, don't like it, etc. YMMV.

-Mike
  • +1 for the Zhik

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Although I loved my Aquata Equipe XT, I agree with Mike; there are much better harnesses out there. I have a Magic Marine Ultimate II and love it. My wife has a Zhik... and I need to get one for myself... IMO, I like them both and for different reasons. Regardless though, they are both a LOT better than the Equipe.

I never could get the Worrell XT to fit and HURT HURT HURT even with padding, but my skipper still swears by them.

Since it's still several months away, I'm not sure what I'm going to wear in the FL300, but the Worrell XT won't be it.
  • I love all of my Zhik products, I also love their support of local regattas. I have several friends that swear by the Zhik T2. However, the Worrel XT is still my favorite harness I have tried. I have tried quite a few. Mine recently blew out and I hope to find a new one to get myself for X-mas.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Thanks for the input. It's part laziness that I resist changing away from the Worrell - literally have thousands of miles in that model harness - but I think you guys convinced me to look at the Zhik and the Magic Marine. I'll have ia see for myself but I always thought the extra leg support of the Worrell was soemthing that others just couldn't compare to.

Thanks again,

Andy
  • Quotebut trust me when you spend 6-10 hours on the trap wire, I'd wear a Victoria's Secret harness if that was what was most comfortable

Can you say with 100% confidence that the VS harness isn't better?
  • Andy,

I ran into this issue a few years ago. I have a worrell XT that needs to be re-stitched for use in the future, I disagree that harness technology has come a long way since then. For Oxford this year I was in my trusty Magic Marine Ultimate harness, which is similar to the Worrell XT and a good harness. Too bulky for buoy racing IMO, I think the Magic Marine Pro is a better all around harness in that regard. You are welcome to give the Ultimate a test sail.

I'm not a fan of the Zhik harness-sorry Mike, every other piece of Zhik gear is solid!!! It just doesn't work
    for me, not a fan of the single crotch strap, and this is a recent review from this past Saturday. Many people swear by them however so it is worth borrowing one and going for a sail in it to draw your own conclusion!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.