Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

g-cat 5 help  Bottom

• I recently bought a G-Cat 5. Now I am looking to replace a couple of things. What length/size halyard should I be using for jib and main halyards? I found a diagram and assembly manual, but no parts list. Also, I need a rudder retention clip for the port side. The current one does not stay down real well. Any ideas? I posted on Hans' FB page and he replied by giving me his email address, so I emailed him, but he has not responded to the email.
  • Salty Dog marine sells the wire halyards for both the main and the the jib. I doubt you could do it much cheaper than them. Plus, the lock stop for the main will be where it needs to be.

Good luck on your search for the lockdown clips. I find it a weak spot on the boat, but a great boat all the same
  • Thanks, but my wire halyards are good. I am talking about the rope (line) section of halyard that ties to the wire. The line that is on there is not in the best of shape. I was thinking 3/16 since I have that on my Prindle 16.
  • Hans had suggested a 3'-4' length of 3/16" Spectra (or equivalent) for the Portuguese turnbuckle which connects the forestay to the bridle on my G-Cat 5.7

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ms/viewtopic/topic/12166

I hope this helps.

Edited by bradinjax on Oct 27, 2016 - 10:56 AM.
  • Thanks. Hans actually sent me the entire list of rigging specs (standing and running).
  • I would love to get those specs! Could you please send them to me?

Please check your Private Messages for my e-mail.

Thanks,

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.