Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Spinnaker Design Plans  Bottom

• I would like to build (sew) a new spinnaker for my Nacra 5.2. I need something similar to a Nacra 17 size spinnaker. Does anybody know where I can find the design (with panels and placement) for a Nacra 17 spinnaker? I don't have one to copy at this point. Thanks in advance.
  • I saw you at Juana's. Never got a chance to say hi

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • I seriously doubt that you'll find a design for one online.... at least not a decent one; this is what the sail makers are really selling, their shape/design.

Also, given the cost of materials involved (N17 spi = 19.5m2), assume 20% cloth waste, so would need ~17 yards of fabric. 3/4oz runs about 11.75/yd online, so there's ~$250 with shipping. Tape for edges, grommets, nylon webbing, thread, seam tape, figure another ~$100? Then figure your time... a LOT of time.... only to come out with a questionable product. Lofts use plotters to draw/cut their panels out, getting them straight and in the correct location isn't a trivial task.

There are PLENTY of good used and new spinnakers online for $200-800 from reputable sail lofts that will have a good shape; doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to try to make one from scratch if you don't have the equipment or experience.
  • I had a 5.2 for a number of years ... Skip Elliot designed both the square top and spinnaker. I was extremely pleased !
  • I may be able to help with this, will have to run some numbers to come up with a price. Do you know the exact dimensions that would would like? Or at least a luff number#?

Bach

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Saw this on ebay, may be just what you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9…H3QAAOSwX~dWp67f&vxp=mtr

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.