Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

gcat 5.0 sidestays  Bottom

• I have a gcat I started working on a couple of years ago then had to stop for some health reasons but I'm finally at the putting it back together stage. my problem is I started to put the side stay toggles on and realized something. the starboard hull the hole for the toggle is directly across from the jib eye pigtail on the hull. the port hole for the toggle is app. 6 or 8 inches past the jib pigtail. the port side has some indentation on it like that is where they should go and the starboard doesn't. I thought maybe they were hulls from different boats but they have the same hull numbers. can anyone tell me which is correct so I don't re drill the wrong hole and have my new stays not fit or post a pic of where they should be or a measurement from the center cross beam. I greatly appreciate it. thanks
  • I had a '83 g-cat 5.0 set-up like you describe. I always wondered why the sidestays weren't exactly opposite each other. Is it possible you have my old boat? I am in the central Arkansas area....

--
    switched to the dark-side (mutineer 15 mono-hull)

Little Rock Arkansas
    --
  • side stay anchors (and chain plates) should be in identical locations
    it doesn't make any sense that they would not be
    If I recall there is a Shroud Anchor Bar under the lip of the decklid - this could easily be relocated
  • catless. it could be I got it from a man in the Benton area. the hull and decks were separating real bad. is that familiar. I still am trying to find the distance from the center cross bar they should be if anyone has one and can measure for me.
  • yep - that's my old boat! I neglected it far too long out in the elements (shame on me). I don't think you have to worry about de-lamination; the hulls are hand laid fiberglass without the core like a hobie or prindle. the deck was starting to separate from the hull but just a crack where they were joined. good luck with your project.

almax00

gizmocatless. it could be I got it from a man in the Benton area. the hull and decks were separating real bad. is that familiar. I still am trying to find the distance from the center cross bar they should be if anyone has one and can measure for me.

--
    switched to the dark-side (mutineer 15 mono-hull)

Little Rock Arkansas
    --
  • yep it had a lot of gelcoat blistering and the hull and decks were separating from each other. I sanded it all down, put on a barrier epoxy coat and painted it. before that I ground out all the old epoxy and 3m 5200 the hulls and decks back together. I actually talked to hans that designed the boats the other day and he gave me all the info I needed. if I can figure out how to post pics on here I will so u can see how shes coming along. I was missing a few parts but have gotten them now so I can finish putting it back together and hopefully get it out quite a bit before fall. I need a trailer for it too, the one I got for free from a lady isn't quite gonna work. if u know of anybody here in Arkansas that has a cat trailer for sail let me know.
  • Quote if I can figure out how to post pics on here I will so u can see how shes coming along.

Go to the top of page, & check the FAQ.
    Also check any post the sites owner has posted to, he adds links for most of what you need.
    Here is one, you might need to scrool to page 2, look for DAMON, there are hot links.
    Make an album of your project, under Technical, it will help anyone in the future.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.