Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Troubles with Nacra 5.8s  Bottom

• I have three Nacra 5.8s used in a camp setting with kids sailing them almost every day of the summer and I am not very well versed in fixing Nacras. I'm having a lot of trouble with the halyards. The part of the mast from which i pull the halyard down to hoist the main is super sharp and keeps shredding our halyards. we have replaced 4 in the past 3 weeks and they are impossible to pull up and get the ring on the hook when the halyard is shredded.

i was thinking of purchasing a Nacra 5.7 halyard with the shackle from Murrays to see if the designated Nacra line is better than what we are using but i dont know if the Nacra 5.7 halyard will fit our 5.8s. Any help would be much appreciated! Halyard line suggestions? Ways to de-sharpen the mast hole? Better ways to raise main?

Thanks,
    TBYCats
  • TBYCats, based on your description it sounds like you have mistakenly passed the halyard out through a drain hole. Instead you should pass the halyard out through the bottom of the mast and around that small block attached to the main beam immediately below the mast. I'll post a picture if I can find one.

--
    Kip
    NACRA 5.8na
    Chesapeake, VA
    --
  • Here's a picture. The blue halyard exits the bottom of the mast and will be passed around the small block on the front beam immediately below the mast.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures?g2_itemId=123614

--
    Kip
    NACRA 5.8na
    Chesapeake, VA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.