Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Anchoring head plate pin into the mast.  Bottom

• I am having trouble getting the pin on the head plate anchored into the hole on top of the mast. This is on an FX one. It is total frustration when attempting to do it solo and only marginally better with help. The instructions are very specific but I can't get it to anchor.
  • i have no clue what you are talking about here.
    head plate anchored into a hole? huh?
  • Sorry - the mast on an FX one is not tapered. On top of the mast is a aluminum plate welded in place. There is a hole, approx 1/4", in the plate. The head plate is fastened to the sail, there is a hook at the front of the head plate. The hoisting halyard is tied to the head plate with the halyard going from port to starboard ( this is important) . When the main is hoisted, the hook is higher than the top of the mast, the rotor is then turned clockwise and the hook supposedly drops into the hole and anchors the main. I hope that clarifies my problem.

Thanks - lakeemma - chalarb@gmail.com
  • gotcha - thanks for clarifying

I am sorry I am have never seen this system before'

most cats (I have seen) use either a fork (attached to the front of the mast) & bead (on the halyard) OR some ring that is attached to the head of the sail, and catches a hook on the top of the mast
  • What about flipping the boat on it's side and hoisting the sail that way so you can really see the mechanics of what needs to be done to engage/disengage the hook? I'm not suggesting you do this every time, just do it once so you can see up close and personal what needs to be done to make the hook work properly. I believe this is the same setup used on the Tiger main. You may want to post your question on the Hobie forum or contact them directly for more support.

sm
  • So I looked up the assembly manual for both hobies mentioned.
    looks like that could be a real PITA to get to "seat"
  • lakeemmaI am having trouble getting the pin on the head plate anchored into the hole on top of the mast. This is on an FX one. It is total frustration when attempting to do it solo and only marginally better with help. The instructions are very specific but I can't get it to anchor.

Sounds like a case of the FX One designer trying to reinvent the wheel instead of using the hook and ring.

I've asked an FX One owner to chime in with any tips they have.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.