Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Manual database?  Bottom

• I know I have seen owners manuals for a few different boats scattered around this site, but is there a single thread that lists them?
    I am specifically looking for a Mystere 6.0 manual, any ideas?
  • I've never seen a manual for a mystere but I've owned 3 and sailed them for about a decade now.
    feel free to ask questions here
  • QuoteI am specifically looking for a Mystere 6.0 manual, any ideas?

I thought I sent Damon the Mystere manual to post here?
    PM me an email address & I'll send it to you...though don't get your hopes to high, it is not really very good. If you know ANYTHING about beachcats you already know what it contains.
    Besides, it's en Francais! (they are built near Montreal)
    Of course if you franc parlez, no problemo.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • No specific questions. Just doing research. I like to know how things are supposed to work vs how they do now. If I have a question, I'll ask.
  • Actually, I do have a question. For those of you with a Mystere 6.0 or similar, how long does it take you to rig it?

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • My 5.5 (exact rigging as a stock 6.0) takes about 40 minutes from the time I get out of my car till I can pull the wheels out from under it in the water.

my 6.0 is about an hour - I have only rigged this boat a dozen times or so and I don't have all the little nuances and "systems" (rigging methods) memorized yet

wings add about 5 extra minutes to untie, lower and secure with pins
    mast yoke takes about 5 extra minutes to set (I have an extendable mast yoke that helps lift the mast about 9' feet in the air)
    2:1 mainsail takes a few extra minutes to hoist and secure the halyard
    getting the boat off the trailer, placing foam protectors on hulls (water noodles with bungee) adds a few minutes

IF you are rigging a spinnaker each time, you can add 40-60 minutes for that (I store mine in the snuffer sock at all times so that's a moot point for me)

Our buddy who sails a g-cat 5.7 is crazy fast. He can usually rig/breakdown in about 30 min

chump23Actually, I do have a question. For those of you with a Mystere 6.0 or similar, how long does it take you to rig it?
  • Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.
  • Quote I am specifically looking for a Mystere 6.0 manual, any ideas?

Chump, I have the manual, & saw your message...however, you did not leave me an email addy. I can't attach a file to the PM chat board.
    Damon once told me that posting PDF files in the forums was tricky. I know that Mystere Manual is on this site somewhere,(I sent it in, & Damon posted it), but if you leave me an email, I'll send it directly to you.

Edited by Edchris177 on May 25, 2016 - 07:33 AM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --
  • The Mystere manuals I've got are in the "Beachcats Identification" album here.

Mystere Catamaran Manuals

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Good stuff right there! - http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=109311&g2_GALLERYSID=c8941fe7cacefb72673c13ac59b7084f

I didn't know who designed the mystere (neil coster)
    Didn't know they made an S-mystere that was 16' 8"
    Also didn't know it was designed as a "Tornado Trainer"
  • QuoteI didn't know who designed the mystere (neil coster)

Yves, the chap that runs Mystere now used to work for Sailcraft of Canada, back when they were one of the sanctioned builders for the Olympic Tornado. They basically copied the upgraded T, but designed forward flotation for a spin, & a modern square top.
    QuoteDidn't know they made an S-mystere that was 16' 8

There are always several for sale every year, listed on Kijiji, Quebec. I almost bought one, but it wasn't better than my Nacra.

QuoteThe Mystere manuals I've got are in the "Beachcats Identification" album here.

Damn, I looked all through Members, & technical. I remember sending you the file, but never thought to look in Identification. I got his email & sent him a copy of that one, thanks..

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --
  • Edchris177They basically copied the upgraded T, but designed forward flotation for a spin, & a modern square top.

Well.. there are pretty significant differences... not sure if I would say "copied"
    boat length and beam
    mast size
    deck lids
    no spin on early versions
  • As you know, the Mystere is also available in the 20'x10' beam, samd as the T. Compared to the tornado's around here that were used in the Olympics, they are surprisingly similar. One can readily see where Yves pulled design features from his days at Sailcraft. The early mast steps are identical, hulls shape/profile also very close. I don't know if he had to keep things slightly different to avoid licensing fees stc.
    The early T's never had kites, until the Class Rules were changed in 2000. Same with Mystere, after 2000 both carried the spin & square top sail. Of course Mystere built several models, but the 6.0XL is a pretty good imitation of a T.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --
  • I totally see / agree that the mystere takes it's design from the Tornado

I was saying the differences between the Mysteree S and the Tornado were significant enough that I wouldn't call it a copy
  • QuoteI was saying the differences between the Mysteree S and the Tornado were significant enough that I wouldn't call it a copy

Fair enough, I see now where you are coming from, I was fixated on the 6, sorry.
    I think the S would be a nice boat .
    I looked at this one;
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures?g2_itemId=113362

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.