Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 19 running rigging  Bottom

• I recently purchased a '94 P-19 however r.rigging was shot and Im replacing jib sheets and main/traveler. Does anyone have suggested lengths for continuous jib and main sheets? Also any suggestion on a high tech line that is soft on the hands as I want to get most performance when I purchase new sails.

Thanks in advance

Todd

--
    Todd

Virginia
    --
  • I love robline fse racing sheet for my mainsheet. it is a dynema blen. very soft, doesn't hold water (after it falls overboard)

It is too light for a jib sheet though (hard to get the needed whip or curve in the line to uncleat the jib)
    I use regular xls for my jibs

I also like Salsa line for my spin (would work as a main). It's a bit cheaper than the racing sheet.
    Only problem with this line only comes in 1 color/pattern and that's not optimal on a beachcat (don't want to pull the wrong line when the shit hits the fan)
  • +1 on xls. I use that on both my boats. You can whip it, whip it real good out of the blocks
  • this is for the 18-2, but it would be close if not the same for the 19:
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures?g2_itemId=88544

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • I used robline racing sheet for my main also. Really nice.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • I have seen on the internet that several cats have a bridle attached to the clew of the jib and the jib sheets attach to each leg. Is their a specific purpose for this? How long should the bridle legs be? I was thinking of using a straight Dyneema with eyes? Thoughts?

--
    Todd

Virginia
    --
  • The bridal line for the jib is 5-6 feet in length and does have a purpose it will allow you to sheet the jib in just a little faster when racing. We also used a pigtail on the main sheet about 12-16 inches long. If you were using a 6 to 1 mainsheet system it would mean that your mainsheet could be 6-8 feet shorter and sheeting it back in after a tack would be quicker and easier.
  • Thank you for the all the suggestions and information.

--
    Todd

Virginia
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.