Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Launch spots near Sarasota/Bradenton  Bottom

• Hi all. I've already chatted with a few people on here about my impending move to the area, and I've so far been looking at properties in the Odessa/Keystone area with the intent on centering my beach activities around the Dunedin Causeway. However, we keep seeing all kinds of ideal homes coming up for sale in the Bradenton/Sarasota area so that's looking like an option.

Question: are there some good launch spots down there for beach cats? Both bay-side or gulf side? How about spots to pull up on the beach? The thing I like about the Dunedin causeway is that it's super quick access to sail bay-side or gulf-side, and there are some great spots up and down there to beach and chill. Are there similar opportunities up and down Anna Maria/Longboat/Siesta?

Thanks! - Adrian.

--
    H16 back in the day
    SC17 right now
    Bradenton, FL
    --
  • theres a nice beach next to the sarasota sailing squardon. you have gulf access from there to.

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • adrian,
    we sailed a small Catalina mono that we rented from Brian at the address below on Anna Maria Island FL earlier this year (january.) he has some windriders he rents as well, and is an 'old salt' who's very relaxed about appointments, but a really helpful guy. he might be able to point you to some beaches where you could put in. his place is at the end of the dirt road and you think you've missed it, but you haven't.

Brian
    840 S Bay Blvd, Anna Maria, FL 34216
    biminibaysailing.com
    (941) 685-1400 (check this for current)

we also visited this club and although it's private might have a ramp nearby.
    tons of member boats stored there. closer to sarasota on City Island.

Sarasota Sailing Charter
    1717 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236
    sarasotasailingcharters.com
    (941) 525-3978

suggestion: eat at 'The Sandbar' on Anna Maria Island. very busy but worth the wait. great food and everyone goes out to the beach to watch the sun set.
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Awesome - thanks guys. Heading down there this weekend to check things out so this really helps.

--
    H16 back in the day
    SC17 right now
    Bradenton, FL
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.