Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

I think I want a Nacra 6.0...  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• pknapp66Anyone know if the pivomatics are still available and a source?

I gave up on those things years ago.... I know.. when beach landing they are handy... but they would always pop up under a heavy load.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Where do you sail? The only two cat friendly places by me are for town residents only, Madison or Fairfield. Both places are nice push off beaches, trying to convince wife our next house should be there, lol.

Anyone ever sail a corsair tri? How does excitement compare to a beach cat?Edited by car_guy on Oct 07, 2015 - 09:10 AM. [/quote]

I sail on the Great Sacandaga in NY. Sounds like you need a PO box in Madison or Fairfield LOL. If you are up for a road trip we are having our last Hoorah Saturday sailing up the lake and back. Will be my 6.0. a 21SE. and
    H18 magnum. Probably two corsair F24 owners will be among us if you want to pick their brains. One owns a Tiger and the other a Nacra 6.0 if that says anything about the excitement. Next weekend we will be on Lake George for both days. You should consider the Mayor's cup in Plattsburgh NY. We have all of the beach campsites locked up for the 4th of July week already. Race is free for beachcats and Champlain is awesome sailing. Probably be a group of us heading your way next year for the Roton regatta.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • pknapp66I sail on the Great Sacandaga in NY. Sounds like you need a PO box in Madison or Fairfield LOL. If you are up for a road trip we are having our last Hoorah Saturday sailing up the lake and back. Will be my 6.0. a 21SE. and H18 magnum. Probably two corsair F24 owners will be among us if you want to pick their brains. One owns a Tiger and the other a Nacra 6.0 if that says anything about the excitement. Next weekend we will be on Lake George for both days. You should consider the Mayor's cup in Plattsburgh NY. We have all of the beach campsites locked up for the 4th of July week already. Race is free for beachcats and Champlain is awesome sailing. Probably be a group of us heading your way next year for the Roton regatta.

Thanks for the invite that sounds awesome! Unfortunately I'd want to do some trailer maintenance before I went that far....

I looked into the Mayor's cup and it looks like a great time, plus I've always wanted to sail Champlain. I'm definitely going to look into getting a camp site or hotel room. Thanks
  • pknapp66Where do you sail? The only two cat friendly places by me are for town residents only, Madison or Fairfield. Both places are nice push off beaches, trying to convince wife our next house should be there, lol.

Anyone ever sail a corsair tri? How does excitement compare to a beach cat?Edited by car_guy on Oct 07, 2015 - 09:10 AM.

I sail on the Great Sacandaga in NY. Sounds like you need a PO box in Madison or Fairfield LOL. If you are up for a road trip we are having our last Hoorah Saturday sailing up the lake and back. Will be my 6.0. a 21SE. and
    H18 magnum. Probably two corsair F24 owners will be among us if you want to pick their brains. One owns a Tiger and the other a Nacra 6.0 if that says anything about the excitement. Next weekend we will be on Lake George for both days. You should consider the Mayor's cup in Plattsburgh NY. We have all of the beach campsites locked up for the 4th of July week already. Race is free for beachcats and Champlain is awesome sailing. Probably be a group of us heading your way next year for the Roton regatta.[/quote]

Pete, PM sent.
  • Brian, thanks for the launch beta. You should consider coming to the Mayor's cup as well. Here is a pic of some of our boats on the beach in front of the campsites. It is a great time and free entry for beachcats.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures?g2_itemId=120107

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • My Hobie-18 magnum was a tank. My Hobie-20 was a bit fragile. My Nacra-6.0NA and Nacra-20 have been tough as nails. The N-20 has a larger cleaner tramp. Both the 6.0 and 20 can handle a load, but the 20 has less freeboard. The 20 being engineered from the start for a spinnaker is a main difference from the 6.0. My Corsair F-27 is another kind of exciting, love it.

The 6.0NA is very nice (unmodified, not run up on the beach), and it's for sale. No wings, and it's in Maryland.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.