Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nice Collection of 18 Squares For Sale  Bottom

• A long time member has posted three H18 Squares for sale in the classifieds. So if you've ever had a desire to have a 12 foot wide single hander that rocks, now's your chance.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…earch.php?searchid=28148

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Missed this one, equal time to this Texas 18 Square.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…14247-18-square1982.html

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkousA long time member has posted three H18 Squares for sale in the classifieds. So if you've ever had a desire to have a 12 foot wide single hander that rocks, now's your chance.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…earch.php?searchid=28148

They're 11 feet wide....
  • I've got my eye on those guys. Very interested. Debating now if I want to sell off my 5.2 that I just wrapped up. I love that boat but can't hit the rating single handed in medium to heavy air when I owe a Hobie 18 time.
    Halfcat, I heard that you guys had a decent sized 18 square fleet out there in NC that lasted well after the active class went away. Is it coming to an end?

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
    --
  • I have an 18 square, if you are interested, no trailer!
    Atlanta, GA
  • Mine went to South Korea this Spring. Pete
  • cezo823I've got my eye on those guys. Very interested. Debating now if I want to sell off my 5.2 that I just wrapped up. I love that boat but can't hit the rating single handed in medium to heavy air when I owe a Hobie 18 time.
    Halfcat, I heard that you guys had a decent sized 18 square fleet out there in NC that lasted well after the active class went away. Is it coming to an end?

Our members are getting old, one boat owner is turning 88 this year. These boats go to weather faster than an F18 in most conditions and if you learn to sail them correctly they will beat a boat with a spinnaker down wind. (I got beat by the 88 year old owner when I was sailing a Nacra 20 two weeks ago and it was blowing 8-12 at the time.) As with any boat, the portsmouth number may not seem right but if you sail really well you can win.(I don't think I've ever been beaten by a Hobie 18 in a mixed fleet and I grew up sailing Hobie 14/16/18s).

-Halfcat
  • Wow, 88! Nice. My good buddy has one, an 18 square not a 88 year old. Love the boat. It would be nice to race straight up with him and it's a good affordable singlehander yet buoyant enough for a full sized guy. Haha.
    I hope to be in touch sir.

Channeysurfer, I sent you a message also.

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.