Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

CA Tri point  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

• Beach idea sounds great,we would have to remember to cross finish line before heading to the beach!!lol

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • onekiwiBeach idea sounds great,we would have to remember to cross finish line before heading to the beach!!lol

good point...!!!

I prefer beach camping over any hotel..although if I crewed on another guys boat and spent 2 or 3 days sailing I might consider towing my trailer to camp in for 2 nights.

--
    Marek
    1992 Prindle 19
    1981 Prindle 16
    --
  • genehacker
    I personally think it would be great if we had "Summer Beachcat Series" where there are awards based on the results from multiple races. The three that come to mind are: Frencies Rum Run, The Milt Ingram, and TriPoint. Teams need to compete in all three to qualify. It would be good increase participation in the other races.

I bought my Prindle 19MX specifically so that I could enter these three races. I think a Summer Beachcat Series is an awesome idea. The details of trophies, rankings, etc would have to be handled by the beachcat class itself rather than one of the two clubs. Are there enough boats that would make all three races? Making this a series might increase numbers but there was only one boat that did both Milt Ingram and Tri Point.

--
    1990 Prindle 19MX
    1976 Nacra 5.2
    --
  • I think a Summer Beachcat Series is feasible and doable. I believe it could be handled by the Ventura Sailing Club working hand-in-hand with Anacapa Yacht Club and Pierpont Bay Yacht Club. I think we can come up with an equitable rating system that most cat sailors can agree upon and make the multihull fleet, including the ORCA boats, a more active and visible "partner" in the race series, which hopefully will continue to grow in number as word of our fantastic racing venue and race organization gets around.
    Bob Martinez, VSC Vice-Commodore and Multihull Fleet Captain
  • DartmanI think a Summer Beachcat Series is feasible and doable. I believe it could be handled by the Ventura Sailing Club working hand-in-hand with Anacapa Yacht Club and Pierpont Bay Yacht Club. I think we can come up with an equitable rating system that most cat sailors can agree upon and make the multihull fleet, including the ORCA boats, a more active and visible "partner" in the race series, which hopefully will continue to grow in number as word of our fantastic racing venue and race organization gets around.
    Bob Martinez, VSC Vice-Commodore and Multihull Fleet Captain

Well Mr. VSC Vice-Commodore and Multihull Fleet Captain.. better get your Mexi-CAN icon_lol butt to work... there is much to be done between now and next May...

Let me know how I can help.

See you tomorrow

Edited by JohnES on Aug 29, 2015 - 06:45 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • what are usually the dates for the other 2 island races? Be useful to start getting those in the calendar..

Catsailor only lists Tri Point race on their Southwestern schedule..but there's a few other listings...

July 10-14 -- Fleet 42 Invasion of Mission Bay - Bahia Resort - San Diege, CA
    July 18-19 – ABYC Multihull Invitational, Long Beach, CA, Alamitos Bay Y,C abyc.org
    July 18-19 – Round Treasure Island, Alameda, CA, keboyd_4@yahoo.com
    Aug 1-2 – Mile High Regatta, Huntington Lake, CA, h16@sbcglobal.net
    Aug 3-7 – Hobie 18/20 North Americans, Huntington Lake, CA, 805-610-7812
    Aug 15 -- Tri-Point Race - Around Anacapa - Ventura, CA
    Aug 15-16 – Wine & Roses Regatta, Santa Barbara, CA, North/South Challenge, steve@infocuspromo.com
    Aug 29-30 – Labor Day Regatta, Long Beach, CA, Alamitos Bay YC, abyc.org
    Aug 30 – Jazz Cup - TI to Benicia, North SF Bay, CA, South Beach Yacht Club
    Sept 12-13 – Shark Feed, Bodega Bay, CA, keboyd_4@yahoo.com
    Sept 19-20 -- Fleet 42 Family Fun Weekend - Roosevelt Lake
    Sept 26-27 -- Arizona Yacht Club Fall Series - Lake Pleassant
    Sept 26-27 – Division 3 Champs, Richmond, CA, gene@pedrick.org
    Sept TBD – Lake Arrowhead Regatta, Lake Arrowhead, CA, dunndl@charter.net
    Sept TBD – Big Bear Lake, Big Bear, CA, dunndl@charter.net
    Oct 9-11 -- Rocky Point Challenge / Pinata Regatta - Rocky Point, MX
    Oct 10-11 -- AYC Fall Series - Lake Pleasant
    Oct 10-11 – Piñata Regatta, Puerto Peñasco, MEX, John Eger jeger@cox.net
    Oct 16-17 – Coyote Point Fun Regatta, Eureka, CA, keboyd_4@yahoo.com
    Oct 24-25 – Great Pumpkin Pursuit Race, SF Bay, CA, Richmond Yacht Club
    Oct 24-25 -- Fleet 42 Family Fun Weekend- Roosevelt Lake
    Oct 24-25 -- Arizona Yacht Club Fall Series - Lake Pleasant
    Nov 7-8 -- Arizona Yacht Club Fall Series - Lake Pleasant
    Nov 21-22 -- Arizona Yacht Club Fall Series - Lake Pleasant
    Nov 21-22 – Turkey Day Regatta, Long Beach, CA, Alamitos Bay YC, abyc.org
    Dec 5 -- Arizona Yacht Club Govenors Cup - Lake Pleasant

Mission Bay Yacht Club has a larger cat fleet in San Diego, mostly Nacra/Inter20 and F18s...there's a few Prindle's that don't really race regularly but if they got a few more boats they might consider making a class. For those in the San Diego area that's a good option. They host regular short course bay cat races but also a few regattas incl. 5 open ocean regattas. My understanding is those are open to non-members. For this year they are done with open ocean races.

--
    Marek
    1992 Prindle 19
    1981 Prindle 16
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.