Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

14 year old. i need to find a boat.  Bottom

• im 14 years old and have been on boats since before i was born. ive been sailing with my nextdoor neighbor for about 6 years now. im always ready for work. my neighbor (who i sail with) is getting old. were bestfriends. he said hes selling the nacra. im heartbroken. the boat is completely carbon fiber i-20. only so many were made. aswell as the mast. the mast goes for about 12 grand. aswell as the center boards. only 50 of these centerboards wer made. im getting off topic. i need your help. im located in baycity michigan. willing to travel a small distance to race on the saginaw bay. according to him im a foniminal sailer. thanks guys
  • You need to go to the Gougeon Bros in Bay City and talk boats. They are #1 in Bay City. Pete
  • Wow, I would normally suggest an old Hobie 16 as a good way to start out for low dough (I assume because you are 14) but you are way past that. You have been spoiled by the I-20. Good luck, and keep sailing!
  • "foniminal" Intriguing word you coined there. Sounds like something I wish I was icon_wink

Edited by Dogboy on Jun 16, 2015 - 06:19 PM.
  • ian_i-20my neighbor (who i sail with) is getting old. were bestfriends. he said hes selling the nacra. im heartbroken. the boat is completely carbon fiber i-20. only so many were made.

If he doesn't already have it sold let him know about the classifieds here, best way to sell a special boat like that.

I guess you already know about CRAM? With your experience you should have trouble getting a new crew gig.
    http://www.cramsailing.com/

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • A cheap hobie 14 would keep you busy for a few years.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • WolfmanA cheap hobie 14 would keep you busy for a few years.

That's like learning to drive in an Enzo Ferrari and then getting a VW that is firing on only two cylinders... icon_lol

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Why doesn't he sell the boat to you? Beg your parents for money until you can get a job and pay them back! Who knows, might work! Otherwise, try and find a ride on a F18, that is your best bet for a competitive sailing experience at speed. F16 fleet would be my other choice.

And are you sure the boat is a full carbon fiber I-20? I don't believe they ever built full carbon hulls for that platform. At least I have not seen a pair, and I know most of the 20's on the East Coast. Most all the boats have the full carbon rig, that was standard. Carbon daggerboards are special, I've seen a few, but they are not $12K. Try $1.3K, well, that is the price of a full carbon F18 Infusion Mk. 2 daggerboard.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.