Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Spin pole  Bottom

• Any one have any input as to whether a pole jumping pole will work as a spin pole on a h21se. I have one and wonder if I can use this. The aluminum pole i have is only 10 feet and seems a little short.

--
    Ted
    Hobie 21SE Feral Cat
    Upstate NY lake sailing
    --
  • No experience with a jumping pole... Throw it on, if it breaks it's not strong enough. I've used alum, fiberglass and carbon windsurf masts successfully. As well as stays to the pole tip, support the pole below the bridle wires with stays(dyneema etc) to the bridle tangs, and up to the jct of the forestay and bridles. This keeps the middle of the pole from bowing way out of column under compression, which is the greatest load the pole will

I think I was using a mast cut down to 12' on the H18, a 14' pole on the SC20, and a 15 footer is on the ARC22. On the two bigger boats I spliced together two lower sections of 2 pc carbon windsurf masts, to avoid the taper of the upper section.

Dave

Edited by davefarmer on Apr 26, 2015 - 03:03 PM.
  • I have used a windsurf board pole. it was w an f18 spin worked fine
    i have no idea what your pole is made of, it's flexibility or if it will work
  • ted,
    as a former 'pole vaulter', i assume you mean you have a vaulting pole, right? it's fiberglass.
    if so, this much bending is probably not what you want in a spin pole.
    j
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqHbODPPtED5JI5ljSWyKx1DWXygNrOtM6Lir3gedWgUM06FnF:boluwatifedavid.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/pole-vaulting.jpg

Edited by arch on Apr 27, 2015 - 01:35 AM.

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Arch thanks for the picture that does look a little bit flexible!

--
    Ted
    Hobie 21SE Feral Cat
    Upstate NY lake sailing
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.