Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.0  Bottom

• My Nacra 5.0 has straps on beams. Front beam, one strap cannot be bolted because the rear bolt falls in the hole. Apparently the nut inside has fallen down into the hull. I cannot reach it since there there is no opening. Do I need to cut it open or is there another solution?
    Thanks, Tom
  • You're lucky, it's the rear hole. You can cut a hole aft of the strap and install a port/cover. Here's an example:
    http://www.murrays.com/01-1161.html

There are other threads on here about how people have secured the nuts inside the hulls on their Nacra.

Edited by timinaustin on Apr 19, 2015 - 04:36 PM.

--
    Tim
    81 Hobie 16
    87 Nacra 5.7
    Austin, TX
    --
  • tombakkumMy Nacra 5.0 has straps on beams. Front beam, one strap cannot be bolted because the rear bolt falls in the hole. Apparently the nut inside has fallen down into the hull. I cannot reach it since there there is no opening. Do I need to cut it open or is there another solution?
    Thanks, Tom

Tom,
    Welcome to TheBeachcats.com, please introduce yourself and make yourself at home. Where do you hail from sailor?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Do a search on this site, someone just fixed your exact problem a week or so ago. IIRC, he used a heli coil.
    It sounds stripped, badly, the bolt should not just "fall". It is not a normal nut, but a small threaded plate, fibreglassed in place. If the heli coil won't work, you can use the stripped plate for anchor/backing, but you will need a port for access. Then use a slightly longer bolt, 5/16" IIRC.
    Those bolts only torque to 18ft lb, be sure to grease them before installation.
    Here is the thread...
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…nc=viewtopic&topic=15539

Edited by Edchris177 on Apr 25, 2015 - 06:17 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.