Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking For a ride  Bottom

• I'm working in the New Orleans area until July and am hoping there's some beach cat sailors to hook up with. I'm renting a place in Slidell on Oak Harbor and could even buy/rent something while I'm here.

Lance
  • Damn, you get around Lance

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Best bet will be in Ocean Springs...several of their members are from NOLA/BR area.

http://www.osyc.com/

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • Lance,
    I work in New Orleans and have a Hobie 18 on the beach in Ocean Springs, that I put up for sell yesterday.

Maybe we can work something out.
    Glenn
  • glenn.bolnerI put up for sell yesterday.

What Glenn? Selling the 18? Say it ain't so! Hope this just means you've bought a newer Hobie 18.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Damon,
    It is a newer boat, a Nacra 20. Maybe the buyer will want to keep racing her she has won a few in the 7 years I have had her. It took a few years of following you to see how to really make her go.

Glenn
    PS I put the classified ad in on your website but it is not showing up. Should I try and enter it in again?
  • Nacra 20! Wow, just try to remember us common folk while you are partying with the rock stars. icon_biggrin

I looked to see if your ad was stuck in a pending status but I don't see anything from your username at all. Must not have completely submitted.

I thought I found it but it just happened another Hobie 18 popped up, but in California.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…7-1984-hobie-cat-18.html

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Thanks Jerome,

I'm now a member of the OSYC and just need to get checked out before I hit the water. Only an hours drive from Slidell.

Thanks for the offer Glen. Maybe there's something we can work out. My email is lispfx@yahoo.com

Lance
  • Cool.....see you at Slip To Ship!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • Lance,

I'm thinking about coming over to OSYC for the Slip to Ship. So far I don't have crew, so I'd be willing to let you hitch a ride with me. Let me know!

--
    Tim
    81 Hobie 16
    87 Nacra 5.7
    Austin, TX
    --
  • Thanks for the invite Tim. I could be working Saturdays and even Sundays by that time. I probably won't know till the week of the event. Too Bad
  • No prob, Lance. I'm still working out logistics, but am really hoping to make it. I'll most likely be solo, so the ride will probably be available if you can swing the weekend off.

--
    Tim
    81 Hobie 16
    87 Nacra 5.7
    Austin, TX
    --
  • timinaustin: You bringing the N5.7 to S2S? There's a really good N5.7 sailor from Mobile that bought a newer 570 a couple of years ago, and he should be there. If you do end up needing crew, finding someone should not be a problem.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • Quotetiminaustin: You bringing the N5.7 to S2S? There's a really good N5.7 sailor from Mobile that bought a newer 570 a couple of years ago, and he should be there. If you do end up needing crew, finding someone should not be a problem.

Yup, planning to bring the 5.7. Don't really want to go off-shore with the H16! Everything is lining up so far, so I should be there. It's good to know that crew is available. If it's blowing 15+ I'll need somebody to help hold this thing down.

--
    Tim
    81 Hobie 16
    87 Nacra 5.7
    Austin, TX
    --
  • Great hope to be there
  • [quote=timinaustin]
    QuoteEverything is lining up so far, so I should be there.

spfxGreat hope to be there

First round is on me!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.