Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking for part for a Escape Playcat, mast head and mast ball  Bottom

• Hello, I'm new to this site and just bought my first sailboat. What appeared to be a good deal, a Escape Playcat, rotomolded hull, mylar sail. The problem is that the mast base is broken were a pin would go in and the mast ball is kind of dinged up on the top half. I have not been able to find any source for parts. I sent an email to Morrelli & Melvin, as they were the designers, but have not heard back from them yet. Does anyone know of a source for parts for an Escape Playcat? Can the mast base be switched out with something from Hobie or Nacra? Any help would be appreciated.
  • There was a guy in Canada that told me well over a year ago he had bought the Playcat rights and was going into production, never heard he actually did.

I think these were sold by Nacra dealers at one time, so maybe check with Key Sailing in Pensacola. http://www.KeySailing.com They have a cool new website.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • The fellows name is Dave Antognini and was manufacturing an improved version on the playcat for a few years under Nacra canada. His website disappeared and I haven't seen much for several months. He was pretty involved in the Ontario catamaran racing association.

In any case post some photos. You can still step the mast with a broken casting on most nacras (common damage). You just gave to be a little more careful.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Damon
    i am looking for rigging spec for escape play cat ( yellow hulls) friend of my bough the boat but need all new rigging and rigging package for jib. any leads?
    alex

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.