--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Thanks Damon,I guess I should swivel my head right sometime!

Edited by onekiwi on Mar 02, 2015 - 05:56 PM.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • Inaugural year of TBR, AZ Fleet 42 had 3 boats race. Tiger, N5.7, N5.8. I was in the 5.7, and got into San Diego by around 6 or 6:30. I think it was right around 8hrs. Great race!!. The following year I was on a N6.0 and the wind quit at around 4:00pm. We were 2 miles off point Loma when it died. It took us till 11:30am to get from Pt Loma/ Mission Bay Area, to the finish line. Then another Hr to get to the hotel in SD Harbor. The tide was flowing out faster than we were making headway with the breeze at about .5mph. We were sailing foreword at about 1 mph, and the tide was flowing out at about 3mph. Finally got a tow from a H21 with an outboard motor. Long effing day. I would like to do it on my I20. I have other commitments this year. Maybe next year.
    Make sure you do your homework before doing TBR! You could have a long cold dark night ahead of you. Or a rescue/ tow boat in your future.
  • True, sitting on a beachcat for 10-12 hours is not my idea of fun

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • If anyone needs crew for The Border Run I would be interested. I don't have time in the next few weeks to get a boat ready but would make time to crew.

--
    Geno Hacker
    Lake Isabella, California
    Supercat 20, 1/2 of a B-Lion, H18, P16, H14
    --
  • Looking forward to the hobie races next weekend with onekiwi at Avila Beach/ Port of San Luis. Anyone else heading over for those races?

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • At present there are 12 H18's entered for Hobie Days at Avila.

See you on the start line.

Cheers,

Corkguy
  • Nice...I am looking forward to it.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • That was a really fun weekend in Avila. It was fun to race in such a awesome setting with a great group of people. I look forward to more races/events this summer!

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • Great weekend of sailing in a great location.Lots more races coming up remember to mark your calendar!!

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • NOR for the upcoming Island Series.... Milt Ingram and Tri-Point are out... Register early and let them know so they can plan...

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Yeah dear you should encourage the organizers to add the event to the calendar here. I am an event coordinator and arrange such public events quite frequently. Usually I suggest them to add the events to the forum calendars.
  • One week to the "Frenchies Rum Run Race" out to Anacapa and back, stoked to see other boats out there.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • NWS is forecasting 15kt wind off Anacapa on Saturday.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • Just sent off the entry form for the Milt and Tri point, anyone else sent their entry? Get them in so Richard can get the class going.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • Nice race to Anacapa and back. Big thanks to the VSC for a well run race. With nice wind in the morning they got us off the start line early. Which was a good thing because right after we got in the wind really picked up. I am looking forward to the other two races in the island series this summer.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • What boat did you use, Gene, and how many other cats? Finish results & total time? Pete
  • We sailed the 1967 B-Lion. It was her shakedown run. She has a few minor issues we need to address but overall she was a really enjoyable boat to sail and seems like a good boat for offshore. She is a bit underpowered compared to newer boats and being 20ft she handles the swells and chop really nicely.

The race went pretty quick I am not sure about the exact times. There was good wind other than a 15 minute lull right at the mark.

There ended up being 3 cats. With the prediction for heavy wind in the afternoon and not having crew, Bob M ended up jumping on a friends trimaran.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • I am starting to get excited about the Milt Ingram race around Anacapa Island. Its still a ways out, but the weather forcast looks good...low 70s and sunny in the afternoon. Too early for wind forcasts.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.