Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2015 California race dates  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

• I was looking at the dates for a couple of the races this summer:

Milt Ingram - July 11/12
    Tri point - Aug 15

The VSC website's calendar has not yet been updated but if anyone knows the date for the Frenchies Rum run race, please post it here.

It sounds like these races may only have a beach cat class if there is enough early interest. I know last year there was no beach cat class in the Milt Ingram because they didn't have a chase boat, but possibly if we had enough interest that could be a possibility this year.

Are there any other races that have a beach cat class in California?

I would love to be able to do all three this summer. Lets spread the word about these races/dates, and hopefully we can ensure there is a beach cat class!

--
    Geno Hacker
    Lake Isabella, California
    Supercat 20, 1/2 of a B-Lion, H18, P16, H14
    --
  • Any races that you confirm the dates, please encourage the organizers to add the event to the calendar here. Whoever adds an event can also come back later and edit it, so add the event as soon as the date is known even if all the details aren't ready.

If the organizer isn't interested in adding it here, or can't get around to it feel free to add it yourself and update the event listing.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I just heard back from the VSC and this year "Frenchies Rum Run Race" will be on June 27th, and they would love to see more beach-cats this year. So any west coast (or nearby) sailors...mark your calendars!

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • Cool!!! icon_cool

--
    Ron
    Big Bear Lake, Ca.
    1990 Hobie 18 Worlds
    1988 Mac 26Dagger
    --
  • Dose anyone personally know the organizers of the Milt Ingram Race? I wonder if we had early commitment by a minimum number of crews, if they would be more motivated to ensure a beach cat class this year.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • To answer your question as to whether or not they will guarantee a cat class if there are enough early entrants, yes. But I think the problem is, fleet 42 from Arizona brings out in the neighborhood of 5 to 7 catamaransfor the tripoint race. We set the boats up on Thursday sail Friday, race Saturday, and sail sunday. That makes it worth driving all the way out there and seting the boats up. We would love to hit Frenchy's Rum run and the Milt Ingram, but most of us just can't take that many days off and spend that much time and money to have guy time on the boats in California. So we concentrate on the tripoint and make it a point that all of us make it there at the same time. There are however a couple guys that can't make it for the tripoint and that may end up doing the Milt Ingram instead. All you California boys need to realize how great of an opportunity to do an offshore race you have right in your backyard.it turns out to be a really great safe controlled opportunity to sail offshore on an 18 foot or bigger cat. The Arizona fleet 42 boys will definitely be there for the tripoint you can count on that it's a blast we would not miss it for anything.
  • I would be interested in thess races and can try to get some more people from San Diego to go.

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • genehackerDose anyone personally know the organizers of the Milt Ingram Race? I wonder if we had early commitment by a minimum number of crews, if they would be more motivated to ensure a beach cat class this year.

Geno,

Ventura Sailing Club will run a beach cats class for the Frenchy's Rum Run regardless of the number of entrants.... this is a great race out to Anacapa and back Here is their website... http://www.venturasailingclub.org/

As for the Milt... this is the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club same folks that are putting on the Tri-Point.. Contact Susan or Richard about the Milt and what they will need as far as entrants... Their email is rcountess@aol.com

Have fun

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • AZcat....Good to know that the AZ crew will have a strong showing for the tripoint race. If there are members of Fleet 42 that cannot make the Tripoint please let them know of the other races.

DavidSD...yea, spread the word and mark those calendars.

John... Thanks for the contact information for the Susan and Richard. I will reach out to them to try to figure out what sort of commitment we would need to have a beach cat class in the Milt Ingram race.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • The Cali races are always a point of discussion this time of year. Tripoint is always a winner. Some of us would like to hit the border run again. It's been a while, and there have been problems with the race organizers in the past. Still a good race, if the wind shuts down early, it can turn into a long one.
    JohnES , are you out this year?
  • azcatJohnES , are you out this year?

Maybe.... got a promotion at work that is going to have me traveling to the east cost and Europe a lot over the next year... Summer is a very busy for us business wise... Hope I can make it maybe crew for someone..

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Here is the reply from Susan Countess at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club:

"We have had several inquiries about having a beach cat class in Milt's race and we are going to try our best to make it happen. So, yes, you guys are invited."

So it looks good for all three races this summer. Hopefully we can have a good showing in all three events!

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • Roll on summer(but not the heat) cannot wait to do these races

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • onekiwiRoll on summer(but not the heat) cannot wait to do these races

Will you be racing your Hobie or the NACRA?

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Have not decided yet

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • onekiwiHave not decided yet

Bring the one you can sail fastest on a beam to broad reach across the waves.
    It's 20 miles back to shore and quite the roller coaster.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • From the past races, it looks like its also worth considering the handicap ratings of the boats.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • genehackerFrom the past races, it looks like its also worth considering the handicap ratings of the boats.

The handicap is about equalizing the boats, making the sailors the variable. How well you know your boat(s) is key. As an example, Bob Martinez has won the Tri-Point four times times in as many years, using two different cats (Prindle and Dart). They are very different boats. It is truly the sailor that makes the difference. Sail the cat that you know best.

Edited by klozhald on Feb 26, 2015 - 10:38 PM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Bob definitely has his back yard course figured out!!! He kicks a$$ every year!
    That being said, conditions on the course also genrally favor higher Portsmouth and non spin boats.
    The majority of the course, spinnaker can't be utilized either due to angle or wave shape. Non spin high port. And ability Is the way to win. Still, I'll be on my I20, slogging along at the front of the pack.
    Definitely looking forward to the Tripoint!! It's my favorite race all year!!
  • Anybody interested in the Border Run? It's a 70 mile race from Newport To San Diego. I am signed up and they welcome 18' and larger beach cats. Check out the details on the upcoming events tab.
    They have a Nacra 20 FCS registered too.

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.