Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Share u'r home made catsailing movie :)  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• I dont like it when it happens, but alway's have a good laugh with my mate if we raise the boat back up and nothing is broken :)

Then again, if i'm sailing half wind's in heavy wheathers normaly my mate stands in the back trapeze behind the skipper. Dont like to see the nose plowing in the water like in u'r movie :)
    It's almost if you guy's are up to getting the best pitchpole hehe

Edited by sander83 on Aug 26, 2014 - 11:48 PM.

--
    Nacra 5.7 spi 93
    --
  • Should be called crazy Bob stuntman trap dancing up the hull to the bow! Yeah the Isabella knock-down looked pretty exciting too! It always catches you off guard!

--
    Ron
    Big Bear Lake, Ca.
    1990 Hobie 18 Worlds
    1988 Mac 26Dagger
    --
  • Yeah Bob was being a bit of a smartass walking to to bow...he owns a prindle 19 so there is no way we could do that on his boat.We were surprised at how far the 5.8 bow's would go under.......until they did'nt come up!I thought I was fine until 230lbs of Bob yanked the boat over.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Love the videos! It's good to know what Nacra's can handle. Onekiwi, I thought that would make a good how to video on breaking in new crew.

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • lost the lid off your ice chest, you did!

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • My contribution. Big water day, two up with main only, never popped the chute, faster without it. Foiled rudders proved their worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLM_Q8LZxI&list=TLKlnubLOJGmKTY0PTxew49Q9hk5EEGV6L

Dave
  • Oh, here's another. Note the light air, and John's editing, keeping the clips short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMqZcwbk9W8&index=41&list=UUKqJHJ2yH8UtL89rICpofSA

Check out John's youtube channel, US772. Lots of nicely produced videos of landsailing and iceboating, and he builds amazing machines!

Dave

Edited by davefarmer on Aug 28, 2014 - 03:48 PM.
  • My goPro was stolen out of my car recently but i've had a few great capsizes on video and a de-masting on my H20, would be a fun watch for all! Man, those NACRA's always look faster than anything and right relatively quick?! You Guy's pushing those cats hard rocks!!

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • @Nacraman57, Do you alway's sail u'r cat alone?

I'm alway's worried that i cant raise it back if i capsize.
    What's u'r limit in knt's for you to not sail it alone nomore?

Grtz Sander

--
    Nacra 5.7 spi 93
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.