Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

My new ride  Bottom

• My FB Prindle friends have already seen this but I had to share with my thebeachcats buds as well. I needed another boat like a hole in the head, but for 1,500 bucks I could not let this pass. We had a test run already this weekend. The immediate difference for me was the response to steering, just awesome. Quick and deliberate. My Prindle 18 takes a bit more patience. Still love my Prindle 18. Kills me to have to sell it; everything was replaced on it. The good news is though I have a new toy to tinker with. It already got a buff and a coat of wax since these pics were taken. One more layer of wax to go. New running rigging is en-route too :) Pete

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=109515&g2_serialNumber=4

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=109511&g2_serialNumber=6

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=109529&g2_serialNumber=6

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=109526&g2_serialNumber=6

Edited by peterk123 on Aug 19, 2014 - 04:52 AM.

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    Webster Lake Indian Lake Narragnsett Bay in Rhode Island
    --
  • Pete, you really should take a look at Poliglow, waxing hulls is so "old school"...... icon_biggrin
  • I am no expert in this but i think wax is still the method of choice for new hulls / new gelcoat

after years of UV and other ... the gelcoat needs something to seal it (i.e polyglow/newglass/etc)
  • Congrats on the P18-2 , Pete.
    They're so nice to sail, easy when you want them to be, a handful pushed to the limits.

As for waxing the boat, I agree with MN3 , find something more adequate to tread the hulls.

Regards, André

Edited by catmodding on Aug 20, 2014 - 08:45 PM.

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)
    Dart 16 (hired and hooked)
    13 mtr steel cutter (sold)
    Etap 22, unsinkable sailing pocket cruiser.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    --
  • People and there waxes/sealants[ it's like a religion :) I used Maguires rubbing compound then two layers of collinite fleetwax. I had great success with it on the other boat and the wax has held up for two years on my dad's nacra. It seals up the hull beautifully, not allowing any staining when the boat sits in the water. Two years of shine is plenty since I usually don't last six months before I get the urge to shine it up again.

Pete

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    --
  • QuotePeople and there waxes/sealants, it's like a religion :)

Hahahaha!, you're so right Pete, you know I was pulling your leg, but keep up the enthusiasm, it will keep catsailing fresh for you for years to come..... icon_cool
  • 4 years ago I painted my hulls with lacker called " DD coat " its a 2 component
    paint based on polyurethane , never looked at it ever since.
    It is still glossy after 4 years, have a look.

http://iloapp.wsv-warder.nl/data/_gallery/public/30/140899871519060400_resized.jpg

André

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)

--
  • catmoddingIt is still glossy after 4 years, have a look.

Lookin' good, André!

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Sweet ride Andre....What type of paint did you use to add color to the rudder?

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    --
  • I assume You mean the color of the daggerboards.

peterk123Sweet ride Andre....What type of paint did you use to add color to the rudder?

Got inspired by the french mega trimaran and cat projects, they all have orange boards and bottoms.
    Wanted to paint my daggerboards that color , but didn't find it at any paint-shop.

Couple of weeks ago I stopped at a truck-stop in Belgium, returning from work.
    There was some spray-cans with " signal orange " on the shelve, bought 2 of them.
    So, I sanded my daggerboards, just the part that goes out of the hull, and sprayed
    them.

Now people at the club can tell I lift a hull half a mile away.. its amazing...

How long its gonna last on the daggerboards ?? Don't know..

Grtz André

Edited by catmodding on Aug 28, 2014 - 12:40 AM.

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)

--
  • Andre,
    How do you secure the paddle to the boom? Do you have any pictures?
    Thanks in advance.

--
    Jeff
    Houston TX
    1986 Hobie 18 Sail# 13031
    --
  • presto13031Andre,
    How do you secure the paddle to the boom? Do you have any pictures?
    Thanks in advance.

PVC tape , Jeff

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.