Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Juana Good Time Regatta 2014  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4:

• I flew a hull on me H16 today while wearing my 2013 Juanna's good time regatta tee shirt and poured some beer into the water as a good karma gesture. Sold two re-vamped sail club old hobie 16's to new guys and it looks like we need more! I promise to drag a Memphis gang to upcoming regattas….. Anyone in for the Hospitality Regatta in Jackson MS??? Oct 18th and 19th... Was amazing last year, 25mph winds, a great reggae/jazz band and off the charts food!

I miss not seeing you guys this regatta…… feels like a chunk of my spirit is empty icon_frown

Edited by fxloop on Sep 06, 2014 - 08:01 PM.

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • Tim , the turn out was an awesome 80 boats !! One hell of a start ! I put some pics up on facebook . sheetnheat

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • ConnorGKarl!!! You have a land cruiser!!!!! You drove off before I could meet you.

Yo. Yes, I do. My son is in college and has a big test today (Monday). We participated in the distance race Saturday and headed back on Sunday. We had a blast and next year, will plan to be around for the entire weekend.

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • http://vimeo.com/105492414

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • rattlenhumhttp://vimeo.com/105492414

That is AWESOME.

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • I would love to sail this regatta.
    3700 miles round trip, most of it through Texas, is just a bit too far.
    Maybe if I plan a family vacation to Schlitterbahn, and once we're there mention the regatta...
    icon_cool

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • @Bob - Hit Schlitterbahn, sail Canyon Lake (just down the road), then hit Texas City Dike on your way east. TCD juts 5 miles out into Galveston Bay and knocks down ALL of the waves. You get smooth water w/ buttery smooth wind from the prevailing south wind which makes for a GREAT sail. Then you can hit the MS guys on the way over to the P'Cola/Destin area.

--
    Tim
    81 Hobie 16
    87 Nacra 5.7
    Austin, TX
    --
  • rattlenhumhttp://vimeo.com/105492414

For some reason, I can't edit my post above, but I wanted to clarify that it's not my video. According to the link on Juana's FB page, it was done by Mark Tepe of Team Tepe Racing fame. Awesome job, Mark!!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • My nephew Mark Tepe shot and edited that video, he is awesome! Had a great time this year, can't wait till next year! Miss you guys already!

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    1978,1978,1979,1982,1986 Hobie 16's
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.