Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Outhaul Grommet  Bottom

• Was out sailing the prindle on the lake last weekend and got a hardcore knockdown ...gust out of nowhere,anyway got pitched hard into the sail and popped the outhaul grommet out of the sail.Anyone had this happen and how did you repair it?

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • http://www.sailrite.com/

Try these guys.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • From previous posts, you must be from SoCal. Any major sailmaker along coast should be able to put a new cringle (grommet) in if sailcloth is not torn. Otherwise you can order a tack/clew kit from Murrays and do it yourself. Heat up a small Phillips or similar to burn rivet holes in sail. Pete
  • Lake Isabella ...gust capitol of the world!Ripped the cringle out of the sail and some cloth,will check out the clew kit from murrays. Going over to Paso on Wednesday night may be able to make an appointment at slo sails on thursday morning to get it done.
    Thanks Guys

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • I made an appointment with SLO sails for Thursday morning, arrived at 8.30 spoke with Carl about the repair he took the sail into the loft and got about repairing the sail,it was reinforced and the new clew pressed in.He checked the rest of the sail for me, I also bought new hiking straps for the 5.8,total cost $35.00 .I cannot say enough about these guy's service.
    One happy customer.

Edited by onekiwi on Jul 26, 2014 - 11:40 AM.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.