Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

There is nothing better than...  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• thanks for the info Sam..
    I have a Prindle 19mx > I have a Smyth mylar main sail that is starting to wear . Last summer i picked up a new Calvert jib that was wrongly ordered by a customer , at 1/2 price . Seems very well made and works great . Not sure if i want to get a matching Calvert main sail or look at other manufacturers that might suit the boat better ? I am not looking for ultimate race designs since It is obviously an older design boat. Still performs very well , so looking in the $1600 to $2000 range .
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
  • i just ordered my main from doyle in st pete 20 months ago - holding up well - just had a new window put in and had my boltrope released (shrunk) - i love it

I was there the other day and they are GREAT in person but they are semi terrible with small customer care details (email/billing you before they call to tell you your sail is done, IF they call), not responding to emails quickly, hard to get in touch with the sales guys, etc. but they try hard and have been pretty fair with me ($)

my friend with a gcat ordered a main and jib and was not happy - then they did not listen to some of his requested pre build (how many battens, where he wanted extra re-enforcement) and changes after he brought it back (put a window in it, and again where he wanted extra re-enforcement) - he will not be back

He has used Calvert. Not without repair but he was very happy with product and service

I have 2 used f-18 sails from goodall Sails and they rock. They are powerful despite being smaller than my stock sail (never used one) and the cut down tornado's i usually have. I was capsizing a lot with these sails because you have to be on your A game with them,... i wasn't )

I have killed a landenberger Tornado sail - it was well built, lasted forever

I have killed 2 used race Tornado sails from Jill/Robby that were a dream (both ullman sails)
  • emmettv I have a Prindle 19mx > I have a Smyth mylar main sail that is starting to wear .

Go with Glaser Sails on your 19MX. Jay and Pease Glaser have raced Prindles worldwide and have been making sails for the 19 since it was new. Jay and Randy Smyth opened Danger Sails which were sold by Prindle Dealers as the race upgrade package for the 18-2 and 19. If you go to Glasersails.com you may notice the their logo greatly resembles the Danger logo. They know the shape you need for your weight and usage. Give them a call. One of the two, Jay or Pease (both are Olympic silver medalists) almost always answer the phone and will talk with you about materials and construction all you want.

Edited by klozhald on Apr 18, 2014 - 12:03 PM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • emmettvthanks for the info Sam..
    I have a Prindle 19mx > I have a Smyth mylar main sail that is starting to wear . Last summer i picked up a new Calvert jib that was wrongly ordered by a customer , at 1/2 price . Seems very well made and works great . Not sure if i want to get a matching Calvert main sail or look at other manufacturers that might suit the boat better ? I am not looking for ultimate race designs since It is obviously an older design boat. Still performs very well , so looking in the $1600 to $2000 range .
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Wasn't Calvert the original sail maker for that cat? if so, i would go with them

get a modern cloth and live large!

nothing better than new sails...(except a new boat with new sails)

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.