Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

There is nothing better than...  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• Those are not sails. Those are boxes :)

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    Webster Lake Indian Lake Narragnsett Bay in Rhode Island
    --
  • Yeah. Even I could see that!!! icon_biggrin

--
    78 Hobie 14 (buried in the garage)
    75 Venture 15 (love it)
    --
  • Everyone's a comedian. icon_lol

This is just a teaser until I can get them on the boat. Let's just say you will no longer have a problem seeing my Hobie 18 on the water. victory

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkous New Sails!

Where from?
    The sail bag looks like one I got from Chip. The batten box, also looks one that came with my sails.

--
    Jack B
    Hobie 17
    BC, Canada
    --
  • jackb The batten box, also looks one that came with my sails.

The battens were made to order by RBS in Oregon. A lot of sailmakers use them.
    http://www.rbsbattens.com/battens/

I'm kind of excited.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=107688&g2_serialNumber=4

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • The original plan was to break them out at the Spring Fever, but it was cancelled.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • DamonLinkous I'm kind of excited.

I feel your joy man,

banana

--
    Jack B
    Hobie 17
    BC, Canada
    --
  • They look great Damon! Season on!

Dave
  • Now, those are sails. Awesome!

DamonLinkous
    jackb The batten box, also looks one that came with my sails.

The battens were made to order by RBS in Oregon. A lot of sailmakers use them.
    http://www.rbsbattens.com/battens/

I'm kind of excited.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=107688&g2_serialNumber=4

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    Webster Lake Indian Lake Narragnsett Bay in Rhode Island
    --
  • Congrats!
    can i ask what a new set of battens costs?

what kind did you get (carbon or regular)

how many battens did you need for that sail?
  • Awesome look

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • OUCH... those are SHARP and... HOT. Can't wait to see in person. icon_smile

I went and sold the H18... she's down in the country of Panama, in retirement, on the beach, at a resort (Del Cameron Resort).... and replaced w/an F-16, honorably named "Doubletime 2"

Neil Pryde?

Edited by robpatt on Apr 17, 2014 - 09:25 AM.
  • what brand f-16?

Quoteand replaced w/an F-16,
  • Wicked....Congrats! See ya' at S2S!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • Blade '07.... was the boat (not literally my boat) for the 2007 Alter Cup.
    Boat has sailed out of OSYC several times for S2S and Island Hop as Jody Abrams "Plays With Sharp Objects"... but she's had a makeover, new SNU and won't be recognized now....

Going sailing Saturday so have to do the traditional renaming ceremony... virgins peeing on the bow and deck.... isn't that part of the ritual??? Splash some south Mississippi locallly brewed Southern Pecan on her too.

Edited by robpatt on Apr 17, 2014 - 02:34 PM.
  • Couldn't decide on red or blue so you decided to just mush em all up and call it good. icon_biggrin

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Why did you choose Elliot Pattison ? I will need sails soon and am looking for best bang for the buck. Looking at EP , Calvert , Glaser , Sabre ... anyone more recommended over the rest ? Looking for performance but also longevity when paying a few $$ thousand . txs!
  • I hope to see those rigged up on your boat this weekend! Weather forecast looks great icon_smile
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • emmettvWhy did you choose Elliot Pattison ? I will need sails soon and am looking for best bang for the buck. Looking at EP , Calvert , Glaser , Sabre ... anyone more recommended over the rest ? Looking for performance but also longevity when paying a few $$ thousand . txs!

As far as best bang for the buck, it's tough to beat Chip at Whirlwind Sails...builds a high quality sail at an excellent price.

Now, to really answer your question, we need to know platform. For the Hobie 18, I would highly recommend Chip, he did the original sail design on the platform at Hobie Cat Co. I just purchased a new F18 jib from EP, and I think he did some nice work on this sail from a build quality standpoint. I will say EP has had some QC issues in the past, but they are a great company and will resolve the issue promptly if there was a manufacturing defect. They also build sails that last, several guys at the club racing with 5+ year old N20 EP mains.

Now, when it comes to performance, especially for a F-18 or F-16, I wouldn't go with either of these companies. I went with them on the new jib because the price was right and we needed a good practice sail. Otherwise, I stick with Performance Sails on the Infusion, IMO they are building the fastest F-18 sails. Goodall makes a great F18 and F16 package, as does Ullman Italy and Sail Innovation. In the U.S, Glaser is the go-to sail maker for performance boats. We have one of their kites, it is a well built sail, quick, but talk to the Glasers before ordering. On the kites, they've moved to a tougher cloth in certain colors (moved to SK80 from SK75).

Good luck,
    Sam

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.