Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

purchase of a Prindle 19 as a starter cat?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4:

• Here in N Mississippi we pay $200 a year, $25 extra per boat per year. Mast up at the club right next to the ramp and there's a beach right there too. Takes 15 min tops to have the boat rigged and sailing.

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • You mentioned seeing a couple of strands broken on the standing rigging. I strongly suggest that you replace all the shrouds very soon, that's an indication of imminent failure, which would be a big deal if you're sailing offshore. Also, keep a close eye on the fiberglass cracks, if they're expanding at all you're at risk of a big adventure.

If your only issue with the 19 is the mast raising, contact me and I'll send pics of a couple of gin poles I've fabricated inexpensively that make the process easy and safe.

Dave
  • the rigging has been replaced. I have been testing the cracks from time to time, I think the patching should hold up a few seasons, I put down a few layers of fiberglass. It is sensitive b/c it's the area where you trap and sit so there's quite a bit of weight that also focuses right on the cracks when you trap out.

Edited by marekli on Oct 31, 2014 - 01:52 PM.

--
    Marek
    1992 Prindle 19
    1981 Prindle 16
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.