Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New distance race in development. Jersey Shore Catamaran Classic  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• and boy was it profitable! trilogy in the works i am sure

my second cousin was in it (had a lead role) ... I couldn't watch 2 minutes of it.

QuoteI can't believe they sourced funding for a movie that bad, we have sunk to new lows. I managed about 15 minutes of it on TV.
  • QuoteIsland Beach State park does not typically allow camping... perhaps an exception can be made.

The hotel is at the entrance to Island Beach and yes it is Ocean side with a big beach area.
    Like I said it is all the logistics are being worked out. In a month or two it should all come together.

--
    2007 Nacra F18 Infusion
    www.fleet250.org
    Facebook: Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club
    --
  • Logistics may be simplified, we may leave from our club, Atlantic Highlands sail half way down the coast to Long beach Island. Spend the night and sail back to Atlantic Highlands I think this would make trailering ground crews ETC a lot easier .. I have talked to several Hotels and they would be eager to have the event land on their beach ... Date I am looking for is weekend after Labor day 2014 .. Wind is good water still warm , its off season making emergency beaching easier, rooms are much cheaper...More info will follow ..What I am looking for now,is numbers how many people are serious about doing this ??
  • Sounds good to me!!! It certainly would be a rather long drive to the right coast. I'd get a great rating with my Dart, too!!! The more wind, the better!!! Hey Videan, we've done 40-45 miles in our races so what's another 100!!! Robert R. Martinez Prindle 18-2 and 4 British Darts (Don't tell the wife!!!)
  • Also, I need to change Dartmana to Dartman!!! I got carried away. How do I fix this gaffe?
  • Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm definitely interested and I had actually been tossing a similar idea around with one of my fellow Hobie racers not too long ago. I think after Labor Day is the best time for sure. No life guards to deal with, a good chance of breeze, and the water's still warm. Definitely camping on the beach would be out. I don't know of any town in NJ that allows camping on the beach. But the advantage of doing the race after labor day is that hotel and rental rates would drop significantly. The half way point would likely be somewhere on LBI. I think the biggest issue would be beach access for getting boats on and off, but again, the towns tend to be much more lax about vehicles on the beach after Labor Day. The other issue of course is the weather. It would probably be best to have some alternate starting and finishing ponits in the event that the wind speed or direction doesn't cooperate.

Anway, sounds cool Please keep us posted and you should probably let the local Hobie guys (Div 11) know when the plans come together.

sm
  • Div 11 Guys are already chatting it up . Started this before 16 nationals, Mark Santorelli Div who was RC for nationals is also on board, along with some other world class sailors .. Keep it going I am looking for input on what race idea people would like to see. The Whole coast sail or the above mentioned, I do appreciate everyone's ideas and opinions .
  • contact the administrator of this site (Damon)
    he can edit it for you, but with 4 darts maybe it should be "Dartmania" :)

QuoteAlso, I need to change Dartmana to Dartman!!! I got carried away. How do I fix this gaffe?
  • DartmanaAlso, I need to change Dartmana to Dartman!!! I got carried away. How do I fix this gaffe?

I like DartMana- in the Polynesian culture mana means "a sacred impersonal force existing in the universe."
    The fact that your Dart has survived three decades of you thrashing it offshore is clearly evidence of a supernatural force watching over you.
    The fact that you have hidden three other Darts from you wife for so long is icing on this supernatural cake.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • That sounds like a much better/easier plan logistically. I like distance races where you sail there one day and back the next, all the fun much less hassle.

Be aware the F16 Worlds are in Newport June 23rd-29th of 2014. Not an issue for the Hobie sailors but it might be prudent to avoid these dates as a number of top crews in the New England area may elect to sail the Worlds instead of a distance race (us included).
  • QuoteBe aware the F16 Worlds are in Newport June 23rd-29th of 2014.

As of now we are planning on the weekend after Memorial Day in September

--
    2007 Nacra F18 Infusion
    www.fleet250.org
    Facebook: Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club
    --
  • We race every Wednesday night all summer on the east end of long island (Robins Island) and am sure we could get 4-5 cats there (F16, Hobie 20, FX One, a few nacras also)....Lets do it!
  • there are also about 17 cata that race in the shelter island race ( they have the worlds largest sunfish race the same day and allow a beach cat division)...reach out to the southold yacht club for their list for cat sailors
  • JennaMeyerAs of now we are planning on the weekend after Memorial Day in September

Any news or updates regarding this race? NOR?

sm
  • Everything about this proposal sounds awesome. Logistically, a there-and-back event is a total WIN over one that requires a coordinated pickup and dropoff effort.

Now for the real challenge... Dragging a trailer on the Cross Bronx.

--
    1981 H14
    Heirloom Sunfish (3 generations so far...)
    Western Massachusetts
    --
  • Good for you guys, glad to see this club is still strong and very active.... and glad to see this race is getting legs... Something I wanted to do when I was back there in the early 90 and was a member of the club

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.