Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

LA (Lower Alabama) Area  Bottom

• I just sold my boat last week but I would love to crew with some locals. Especially new sailors. PM me.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • be on the lookout for the "O SEGREDO FROTA" post...I sail out of Biloxi/ocean springs. getting ready for the windy season with some repairs but will be focusing on sept/oct/nov for sure. just next door and we got it good!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Dauphin Island's west end has a great place to put in on the Sound side if you have beach wheels. Petit Bois Island just a couple of miles away. If you get there early enough in the morning the Gulfside wouldn't need beach wheels. They won't let you launch if a crowd is on the beach.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • I have launched next to the ferry at dauphin island before. Had to battle the stupid fishing boats who were convinced they had right-of-way over a sailboat. I launched and then paddled across to the sand bar to rig and take my time. When the tide changed and the wind dropped I had to get a tow.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • I'm going to revive your old thread for the Alabama gulf coast... I live in Orange Beach and have an old Hobie 18 on Bay la Launch. I'm often looking for someone to sail fast with during the week (usually Sunday though Wednesday, when there's a good seabreeze or something stronger. If it's a good weather offshore sometimes I beach it in Terry Cove to be close to the pass. I have an extra size small trap harness if you can fit in it. I'm not opposed to crewing if you know what you are doing.

It's a 1978 H18 with old sails, but they aren't blown out. I've sailed it over 20mph in just a seabreeze, so out can be fun for such an old boat (I've had it sailing for 4 months as a new cat sailor who raced 420's and bigger offshore boats in college ten years ago). I like speed and taunting the monohulls, no gentle cruising allowed.
  • aprosserI'm going to revive your old thread for the Alabama gulf coast... I live in Orange Beach and have an old Hobie 18 on Bay la Launch.

I will be looking for a place to launch my Nacra 5.2 next week (Friday?) I don't have beach wheels so I may have to go to a ramp. Any ideas where would be a good place? I'd like to launch near ONO island and cruise around there if possible. Thanks for any help.

Scott.
  • Galvez Landing on innerarity point would be my recommendation for a sailboat, and it is located across from the northeast tip of Ono. It's on the Florida side next to Hub Stacy's.

http://goo.gl/maps/SCLmB

Boggy point would be dangerous for any boat that doesn't have a tough rub rail, due to the high currents... The cotton bayou ramp is in the most protected area, but would be an agonizing sail to get to the pass.

Edited by aprosser on Sep 13, 2014 - 11:49 AM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.