Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Where to find replacement base of mast (heel) for Sol Cat 18  Bottom

• I just started to refurbish a Sol Cat 18 for a friend. First thing we need to find is a new base for the mast (heel). We don't know why, but the base of the mast was missing. It is the part that fits into the end of the mast. I've only seen pictures of one. It is basically an oval shaped block which fits into the heel end of the mast and has a hole so when the mast is raised the hole goes over a pin on the companion piece which is mounted to the crossbeam.

I found a pic on the "Get started" forum and can email it or direct anyone who can help to the pic.
  • There is a sol cat 18 near me for sale. where are you located?

--
    Rob Jones
    1976 Yellow p-16 - parts is parts - hulls cut up
    1978 Yellow p-16 - in good working order
    1979 White p-15 - parts is parts - hulls cut up
    1985 White p-15 - good working order
    1982 White NACRA 5.8 - project boat.
    1986 White p-16 - in good working order
    1975 White Hobie 3.5 - PM me if you want it
    --
  • We had a storm here, and a 12 ft aluminum fishing boat was blown 30 ft down the beach and hit my boat 12 feet up the mast. Mast and rudder are finished. I need a mast and a rudder blade ...... but I Might have a spare mast foot itting ..... if whatever I buy already has one. So where is this boat for sale? Or does anyone know where there a mast? I am in Winnipeg, 8 hrs north of Minniapolis
    Andy
  • andy354t Mast and rudder are finished. I need a mast and a rudder blade ...... I am in Winnipeg, 8 hrs north of Minniapolis
    Andy

Rudder blades on Ebay.com search solcat

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I have a Sol Cat mast (minus base) that I can ship to Minneapolis, also rudders. Pete 909-800-5237
  • Many thanks gentlemen
    Andy
  • I also have rudders (with or witout castings) and extra dugger boards for sale. PM me if you need them.

As far as the base, murrays sales Nacra base which is very similar to SolCat http://www.murrays.com/mm…e=56-6605&Category_Code=. I suggest to trace the shape of the mast extrussion to the paper and send it to Steve over there and have him lay that part over your drawing to see if you are close enough to adapt to your mast. Remeber that if you go this way, you will need new dolphin striker rod and a ball but that small modification will make mast sepping a lot easier.

--
    Adam Bartos
    Nacra 5.0
    SolCat 18 (sold)
    Lake Zurich, IL
    --
  • you can modify a hobie 18 mast base with fiberglass to adapt to the sol cat base. i have an extra mast from a hobie 18 that i have modified but i am in so. fl.
  • If anyone is interested (or even still watching this old thread). I just ordered a set of mast base and step from ebay. When I recieve it, I'm thinking of having it scanned to make a CNC model for future use. Problem is cost. If someone is willing to foot part of the bill, and I can find a scan shop local, I might be able to send the data around so we can start fabricating parts for our obsolete boats. Can't promise success but it may be worth trying.
  • mike-idahoIf anyone is interested (or even still watching this old thread). I just ordered a set of mast base and step from ebay. When I recieve it, I'm thinking of having it scanned to make a CNC model for future use. Problem is cost. If someone is willing to foot part of the bill, and I can find a scan shop local, I might be able to send the data around so we can start fabricating parts for our obsolete boats. Can't promise success but it may be worth trying.

Been trying to figure out how I'm going to replace my missing mast base for my Solcat 18. So far I've read that this Nacra mast base may work from Murrays (http://www.murrays.com/56-6605.html). BUT @mike-idaho, if your fix would be a better fit, please let me know!
  • mike-idahoIf anyone is interested (or even still watching this old thread). I just ordered a set of mast base and step from ebay. When I recieve it, I'm thinking of having it scanned to make a CNC model for future use. Problem is cost. If someone is willing to foot part of the bill, and I can find a scan shop local, I might be able to send the data around so we can start fabricating parts for our obsolete boats. Can't promise success but it may be worth trying.

Been trying to figure out how I'm going to replace my missing mast base for my Solcat 18. So far I've read that this Nacra mast base may work from Murrays (http://www.murrays.com/56-6605.html). BUT @mike-idaho, if your fix would be a better fit, please let me know!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.