Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sails  Bottom

• Ok all you Beachcatters....

I am looking for a few jib sails new/used and came across The Beachcat Sail Company web site, http://www.beachcatsails.com/. Has any one out here seen them used them or bought their products ?? They are in Reno Nv. but their sails come from over seas. Sounds a bit sketchy but the prices are good. Sound off and let me know !!
  • A good friend of mine tried them for some 5.0 sails. After lots of broken promises he had to file a claim with his credit card company.

Sails from Asia are not something to be real concerned about. Many sails are now built in Asia including my new sails. It's that particular company that is the problem.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Thanks Bacho....
    I have a SC15 and SC19 and I am looking for the jibs preferably a blue one for the 15 and a red one for the 19.
  • Whirlwind gave me a pretty good price on a Prindle jib recently. $290 to my door.

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • Have you tried Aquarius - sometimes has new old stock, which is where I got my SC15 mainsail

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • Bacho I will give Chip a try at WS. He is hard to get in touch with but I have talked to him in the past.

Wind warded....I have aquote from Tom but he is always the MOST expensive. The Dacron is the same where ever you go and these sails are not that tuff to sew. So I will look at other options.
  • QuoteBacho I will give Chip a try at WS. He is hard to get in touch with but I have talked to him in the past.

these sails are made overseas now, Chip overseas quality (from what i am told)
  • Chip makes some (very few) sails in house now. He did my last H18 jib and it was fantastic, the whole experience. Highly recommend.
  • Not a fan of Chips. He makes nice sails, but wont return your phone calls (like ever). I recommend Skip at http://www.epsails.com/. Fair price. Top quality. Skip got my business last year when I needed a new jib and main. EP sails are made in the USA too.

--
    nacra inter-18
    CNBP
    --
  • My e-mails were replied quickly from whirlwind 2 weeks ago. Not from Chip but someone else.

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • nhanson I recommend Skip at http://www.epsails.com/. Fair price. Top quality.

+1
    Three decades of experience building catamaran sails, sometimes for the manufacturers. Desings and builds with the newest fabrics in his loft on CA. Reasonable prices for great sails.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.