Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Catalina Island?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 [+1]:

• Mark, Where's Carrillo beach? Leo Carrillo?
  • Isn't San Pedro to two harbors the best shot?
  • never mind. I see it
  • Maybe we should plan on it. i'm game. Let's get some AZ boy'z and A Kiwi and have some fun!

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • I would be in on this but, I have a week booked on a 38foot beachcat around then.Do want to come down and sail SD sometime

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Hello all, I would like to join this if you are still looking to go. I have been the the Anacapa Island a few times in the last few months and would really like to do an over nighter at Catalina.

I hope im not to late to get in on this.

--
    Duane
    1981 P18
    Simi Valley Ca.
    --
  • We're heading to Avalon from Long Beach on Friday 9/26, return Sat 9/27 if there's any interest.
  • wnowakWe're heading to Avalon from Long Beach on Friday 9/26, return Sat 9/27 if there's any interest.

I am very interested. Just let me know when and how to get in touch with you and i will be there.

--
    Duane
    1981 P18
    Simi Valley Ca.
    --
  • Email me at nowakwill@gmail.com
  • Where are you planning to land in Avalon?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Since there were no posts since August I assumed it was not happening. Wouldn't you want to go to Two Harbors though?

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • Im sorry I missed thisi if it did happen. Kids water polo games came up. I would be willing to go this weekend or just the day if anybody is interested.

Duane

--
    Duane
    1981 P18
    Simi Valley Ca.
    --
  • Hi Duane. This is Bob from Ventura Sailing Club. I have the Darts and a Prindle 18-2. We're going to Catalina Island this Sat. on a Reynolds 33 catamaran. I'm hoping to go on my Prindle in November.Hopefully we can sail out there together.
  • Hello Bob, im free every other weekend and am willing to go. Sorry I missed the last meeting (was sick) but we are looking forwardto the next one.

On a side note, if I join the VSC this month will my membership be good only for the rest of the year and will I need to pay again injJan.?

Edited by cisdubs on Oct 16, 2014 - 08:58 AM.

--
    Duane
    1981 P18
    Simi Valley Ca.
    --
  • I want in.
    I'm busy the weekend of Nov 1st but open after that. Duane, I too live in Simi Valley and keep my P19 at Ventura Marina. I try to go out every Saturday and am usually the only beach cat out there. We should hook-up sometime. I don't know who else is interested in going to Two Harbors, but there is Santa Cruz Island too as an alternative.
  • I will go to Santa Cruz island anytime. I just want to try the camping thing. Sounds like a really fun adventure.

We must just be missing each other on the weekends. I keep my boat in the garage and i try to go out every other weekend.

Just let me know when you want to go. Im always up for sailing.

--
    Duane
    1981 P18
    Simi Valley Ca.
    --
  • I would be interested in going.

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • Duane, the membership covers the whole year. It starts when you pay. We need to set a date in November and check the weather and go. We can get a campsite or just sleep on the boats. There is a restaurant, a burger joint and showers available. David, we'd love to have you join us. We'll keep in touch. Santa Cruz Island is also a great day sail and I'm looking forward to a lot of fall and winter sailing out there with spfx. Come and join us Duane!!!
  • I would love to join an overnight camping trip to one of the islands either Catalina or one of the other Channel Islands this Fall or maybe next year so please keep me in mind. I have trailered my power boat to San Pedro Harbor and camped at Two Harbors before that was a fun trip. A Channel island trip sounds like a fun thing too. I have two boys in college at Santa Barbara, maybe one of them would even join...

I should say though, that I have limited (cat) sailing experience. I have had the Prindle 19 only for about a year and mostly been sailing in the San Diego bay usually with more experienced sailors like David (Nacra 5.5) in light to moderate winds. So not much experience in the open ocean and under more stiff wind conditions on beach cats (sailed mono hulls in the ocean). I have all the safety and camping gear GPS (also know the basics of coastal and off shore navigation from USPS classes), VHF, righting bag, tent etc. David's been real nice and helped get me jump started down here sailing my Prindle in Mission and the South Bay of San Diego. I also got some good advice from him about boat set up and gear etc.. and changed the standing rigging and fixed some soft spots on the hulls. The sails are still in good shape so the boat is ocean ready. Hopefully, the next few weeks I will make it out into the ocean from Oceanside Harbor...

If it doesn't work out this time, maybe next time. If someone keeps a list that I could be added to pls contact me to exchange emails/phone #s....

Edited by marekli on Oct 16, 2014 - 08:50 AM.

--
    Marek
    1992 Prindle 19
    1981 Prindle 16
    --
  • I am free the weekends of 1-2, 15-16, 19-20 of Nov. Lets pick a weekend and really do this. icon_razz

--
    Duane
    1981 P18
    Simi Valley Ca.
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.