Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

FL- Mast up storage around Melbourne, FL?  Bottom

• It's official, I'll be coming back down to Melbourne, FL this summer for my internship with Rockwell Collins. Last summer I stored my Hobie 16 on its trailer in a storage facility but this summer I would like to look into mast up storage for convenience. Does anyone have any suggestions of places in the area? I know Performance Sail and Sport does it. Can anyone reccomend them? Are there any other places?

What about storage on the beach (ocean side)? I've heard that other municipalities allow storage on the beaches. Does anyone know Brevard County's policy on that?

--
    -Zach
    --
  • Same goes for Ft. Myers / Sanibel area. I'll be there for spring break though!

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • Just North of Grant on U.S. 1 there is a spot, I've never seen any beachside...
  • Any idea of the name of it?

I've seen Performance Sail and Sport has storage but I've heard it's expensive ($80/month??). I guess thats not terrible for the 3/4 months I'll be there this summer but I was hoping to find something cheaper.

--
    -Zach
    --
  • It's Bill's discount marine, just south of Valkaria rd. on U.S. 1 North of Grant. (Next to the Liar's Pub)

You can locate it on Google maps and street view...
  • Just for the record, I got in contact with Bill. He offers mast up storage along the river for $30/month. That is a great deal! My only problem is that it is almost 30 minutes from where I will most likely be living.

Overhead view:http://g.co/maps/gsrnh
    Street view:http://g.co/maps/uwfjz

--
    -Zach
    --
  • That pretty much sums up my experience in Melbourne, virtually everywhere I go is 30 minutes from where I live...

I like that part of the river though, there are a lot of islands.
  • It wouldn't be a problem if my apartment wasn't 30 minutes north of downtown melbourne and Bill's Discount Marine wasn't 30 minutes south of downtown melbourne. If I can't find a good place, I can always just trailer it. I just like the idea of quick 10 minutes setup and out on the water (versus 30 probably by myself).

Does anyone else know of any other places to store on the beachH

--
    -Zach
    --
  • wow, i would be real happy with a mast up storage arrangement 30 minutes drive away. can't find anything near jacksonville, fl

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • My other option is only 5 minutes away from where I will likely be staying but it costs like $75/month. So I have a 30 minute drive for $30/month or a 5 minute drive for $75/month. I'll only be there 3 months so maybe I'll just go with the closer place.

--
    -Zach
    --
  • Just an update. I kept my boat at Performance Sail for the summer. It was a decent deal. I had to store the boat on the trailer and move the boat to the water's edge with cat trax. It was kind of a hassle to move other people's boats but all in all it was a nice setup for the summer.

Does anyone know about their move? The website says they are keeping the old riverfront beach but moving the retail location to Cocoa Beach. Interesting... I'm curious about the details.

--
    -Zach
    --
  • Hi Zach,

The property has been sold to Grill's for additional parking, but Scott negotiated with them to still allow the first 20' or so of beach where the first row of boats get parked to still be available for rent. Everything else behind that row has to go. I'm keeping my spot and was told that only one more was available as of last weekend.

Mark
  • I'll be back again this summer. Just talked to Scott at Performance and they are all full.

On the hunt for some mast-up storage now....

--
    -Zach
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.