April 28-29, 2012
1. Organizing Authority Gulfport Yacht Club.
2. Racing area shall be lower Boca Ciega Bay. Staging area shall be Gulfport Beach. Boats may
stage at the beach area starting at noon on Friday, April 27 until Sunday evening..
3. Rules for racing shall be the 2009-2012 Racing Rules of Sailing, (except as changed by the
Sailing Instructions, 360-turn), the Prescriptions of US SAILING, the appropriate class rules of
each boat entered, this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions.
4. Eligibility shall be any higher performance catamaran 20-feet and shorter in length that has a
valid Portsmouth handicap.
5. Classes F16s/F18s, A-Cats and Hobies will have separate start times. Any other class with 5 or
more boats may be given a separate start. Others start together, sailing under Portsmouth handicap.
6. Registration may be done in advance through the instructions on the GYC website,
www.gulfportyachtclub.com Late registration will be at Gulfport Beach.
7. Entry fee $60 for single-handed boats, $80 for double-handed. Boats registering after Friday,
April 20 will pay $5 more for registration at the site. Additional tickets for Saturday night’s
dinner will be $15.
8. Disclaimer All those taking part in the event do so at their own risk. The Organizing Authority
accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or inconvenience occurred, howsoever caused.
Proof of liability insurance required (minimum $300,000)
9. Course format shall be chosen among the US SAILING multihull courses as shown on their course
sticker. The course number shall be posted on the course board on the starboard side of the RC
10. Advertising is not a concern in this regatta, provided the RC deems it in good taste.
11. Scoring shall be low point score system of RRS, Appendix A. One race constitutes a regatta.
Not more than ten races will be held.. After five races are sailed a boat’s worst score will be
12. One turn penalty for breaking a rule of Part 2 while racing. (Changes RRS 44.1)
13. Prizes will be awarded to the first three boats in each class. Five or more boats of a single
class that are registered by Friday, April 20 will get separate prizes,
No race will be started after 1:00 PM
Lunch & Prize-giving after racing at Gulfport Beach
For more general regatta information, please contact Regatta Chairman Bob Feckner at
727-215-7982 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event recurs every 1 Day(s) until 2012-04-29
This is a public event.
Only logged in users are allowed to comment. Register  or log in .