Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle swivel cleats?  Bottom

• I have finally come to the realization that my jib is rigged incorrectly.!
    After looking at some pics of other Prindle 18's it looks like I'm missing the "swivel cleats", i think.

Mine is rigged like a hobie 16 with cleats on the front crossbar, but that just makes the jib suck. It looks like a cupped hand rather than a flat sail.

My question is is the "swivel cleat" the correct part name that I need instead? I currently have a pulley/shive on each cable that is anchored in the hull by the hull access port.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • Swivel cleat is an after market item attached to bottom of the mast (perhaps one on each side) so that downhaul is easily managed even from the trapeze--about $65 each. Your cleats on the front crossbar are your "barber hauler" system. Your 30' jib sheet goes thru jib block attach to cable coming from hatch, thru small pulley of pair attached to clew of sail, back to becket (place to tie off) on jib block. Now take other end of jib sheet & do same thing on other side. When you get comfortable with that, you can buy two 2" rings and 20' of 1/4" line to finish your barber hauler system.
  • I think you using your barbour hauler system for the jib sheet... you jib sheet system should look like this..

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-6y6ht/products/1022/images/3608/Prindle_18_Cat_Trampoline_Mesh_Blue__97355.1446232593.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Can you post a picture of how you have it set up...

There should be two blocks that resemble this

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/28-2139.jpg

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Ahhh!

Now I see why the blocks are on the crossbeam.
    I am missing the two jib blocks that attach to the hatch cable. I will call the seller to see if he has them in a box somewhere, but if he doesn't what blocks should I buy?

Thank you guys so much for your help! icon_biggrin

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • Have a couple, PM me Pete

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.