Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

what year is my SC17 ?  Bottom

• Hello all, new user here! I searched and can't find the answer. I have a Supercat 17, sail number 181. Hulls have different numbers on them, last 2 digits on right hull 84 last 2 digits on left hull 85. The sail number 181 is hand scribed in the middle of the hull number so the sail # is valid.
    I've seen Bill Roberts post here..help!
    Just sold my H18. Have never sailed the SC yet. My friend's father had a 19 back in the 80's named "Moonraker" and I've been in love with the SC's since then.
    Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    Mike
    Western NY
    Lake Ontario
    Keuka Lake
  • http://owners.aquarius-sail.com/phpbb3/
    http://www.aquarius-sail.com/

You might have hulls from two different boats. The two links above are the source for your SuperCat needs. This site has a fair number of SC owners also.
    I have an '84 SC15. A few of us sail SC's in the Northern Neck of VA. Dan Berger who is on this site knows from SC's in a big way. Good luck with the 17. GH

Edited by gahamby on Sep 23, 2016 - 07:05 PM.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • I have not answer for your question, but we share the same sail number, 181 NACRA 5.7.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Cirquerider/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-09/F9E3D96F-247A-45D5-B873-4C7354838099.jpg

Edited by tominpa on Sep 23, 2016 - 07:25 PM.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • a few people have told me that the last 2 digits are the build year. The boat has a sliding traveler not the cable style so i'm thinking it might be a later model.
    Right FMSBO188 M81L17S184
    Left FMSBO188 M81L-17P185
    The 188 is hand scribed into the hulls and is also the sail number so i'm guessing the hulls are both original but I have no clue. Sorry tominpa, i'm not in the 181 club, had the wrong number:)
    I'm so excited to sail this boat..i have partial wood..
    Thanks ga for the link to the SC forum!
  • 83 SC15 had a harken traveller

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • I thought I heard someone talking about me!?

I believe the stamped numbers are factory build numbers and the HIN is hand etched on to one of the hulls. The last two digits of that are the year. So, you probably have matching hulls for that boat. I don't know the date that they went to Harken travelers, but it could have also been converted from the wire traveler. Aquarius is the best site for information about Supercats. Tom would be able to tell you everything about it and Bill posts a wealth of information on the forums!
  • Yes, give a shout out to Tom at Aquarius, he can clarify. Could be simply that the boat production overlapped a year, etc...
    My 15 only has the tag riveted to starboard hull with the HIN number stamped in it. No numbers visible on the Port hull, but I had the boat re-gelled a few years ago, so I could have lost the etched numbers

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • Windwardde

You have enough boats so you should let me buy your SC15

Edited by tnell on Sep 26, 2016 - 05:10 PM.

--
    Tim
    Hobie monocat--given
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • Got answer from Matt, it's a 1981.
    The hull #'s are as follows:
    Left ::FMSBO188 M81L-17P185
    Right:FMSBO188 M81L17S184
    The M81xxxP is port, M81xxxS is starboard hull.
    I'll try to figure out how to post pics...
  • QuoteI'll try to figure out how to post pics...

Go tot he top of the page, Hover over "Site FAQ", then select Photo Album

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • tnell
    The SC15 is definitely my favorite of all time
    I understand why you would want it :)
    These are great boats. Hard to pitch pole, really stable, fast and point well when you learn to get up front instead of staying back on the boat. Seems counter intuitive but it works. I also love the rudder system.
    I can't even get my wife to agree to get rid of it.
    I have decided to get rid of some of the fleet, but mostly monohull boats
    Have two old sunfish that are in various stages of rehab and will get rid of them this spring after a winter rebuild. Thinking about using the finish techniques described for the Nacra on this site recently, just to see how the roll and tip method works on a less complicated boat(s).
    I know I have an addiction, as every time the fleet gets smaller, something comes along that makes me add back to the fleet.
    We have 3 sailors at our beach that are looking at SC 15 or 17 if and when they can find one. They have H16's, but have gone out with me and love the stability of the SC vs. their Hobie's.

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • I don't know if this SC-17 is still available but here's the link http://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/5756330848.html
    Coolin, WA is north of Spokane.
  • Yeah, no one seems to be able to get hold of the seller of that one. It's way too far for me to go even for 500, but I tried to call just to help out whoever might be interested. No answer.

--
    Tim
    Hobie monocat--given
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • However, the SC17 on page 8 or 9 of the classifieds here and also on Houston craigslist was still available a couple weeks ago

--
    Tim
    Hobie monocat--given
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Supercat 17–sold
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.