Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Thoughts on NACRA 6.0  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

• JohnES, I would have to guess Russell Mills perhaps? I lived in Alex City for a while, moved there in 1993. My mother grew up there and I had family there also. My Grandparents had a cabin on Lake Martin which we still have and that is where I sail. I would agree that no one up here seems interested in sailing. There is the Dixie Sailing club down around Kowaligia though, may have to join up with them. Lots of wave runners and ski boats everywhere also, makes for a lot of head turning, watching out, and defensive sailing. Hoping to get back out on the water soon though now that the crowds should be thinned out and the water level has dropped a little. Our place is on a pretty nice sized bay but I'd like to get out in the main part of the lake.

Edited by martyr on Sep 26, 2016 - 03:41 AM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • I cannot resist pointing out that the wave runners are a very solvable problem with a fully documented solution from this site no less icon_wink http://www.thebeachcats.c…ltimatePWCRepellent.html
  • flyhullI cannot resist pointing out that the wave runners are a very solvable problem with a fully documented solution from this site no less icon_wink http://www.thebeachcats.com/OnTheWire/UltimatePWCRepellent.html

That was back in the Miami Vice days... you could get away with that kinda thing back then... not anymore :)
  • martyrJohnES, I would have to guess Russell Mills perhaps?

Ding Ding....

Edited by JohnES on Sep 26, 2016 - 02:04 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • flyhullI cannot resist pointing out that the wave runners are a very solvable problem with a fully documented solution from this site no less icon_wink http://www.thebeachcats.c…ltimatePWCRepellent.html

Hahaha, very entertaining article!!!

JohnES
    martyrJohnES, I would have to guess Russell Mills perhaps?

Ding Ding....Edited by JohnES on Sep 26, 2016 - 02:04 PM.

I never worked at Russell, but had a relative or two that did work there. My Grandparents worked at Avondale for many many years and retired from there in the early 80's.
    Do you still live in the area?

--
    Marty
    --
  • martyr

I never worked at Russell, but had a relative or two that did work there. My Grandparents worked at Avondale for many many years and retired from there in the early 80's.
    Do you still live in the area?

No, didn't live there...

I had worked for Champion where I was the VP Sales Western Region... Russell had hired me away to get into or should I say serious about the college bookstore business. They had set up a whole new division and a new facility in Gadston.. use to spend my time between Alex City and there. Made a few trips to Huntsville, and to the Ft. Benning School For Boys... friend from HS was stationed there.

My last trip to Alex City was 1996... I resigned in 1997... they told me I needed to move there to be a better manager... no thanks, not that Alabama isn't nice, its just as the song says, "wish they all could be California girls" icon_cool

I make it out the way... I'll look you up, maybe I can finally get out on Lake Martin on a cat

Edited by JohnES on Sep 26, 2016 - 07:15 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Sounds like a plan. I always thought the song said, "wish they all could be Alabama girls"? Dang it, I went to the wrong state!!!! Lol.

--
    Marty
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.